INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.93 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 17455 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.93 for Windows -- Available here
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200093.exe

20.0.93 (4/10/2015)

1. Changed: Rearranged some dialog window controls on the television setup wizard, so it will work better with larger user selected fonts (up to a limit).
2. Fixed: Some dialogs were a wacky size.

20.0.92 (4/9/2015)

1. Changed: The expand / collapse tree arrows didn't size nicely on high DPI.
2. Fixed: The file menu wasn't working in build 91.
3. NEW: When playing video with ComSkip, the Next button will advance to the next commercial end point.  The Previous button will return to the nearest previous commercial start point.  Not tested.  Please test and report problems.
4. Fixed: Dialogs could come out a wacky size because something was tampering with the return from WM_NCCALCSIZE.
5. Fixed: The "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog was cutting off text and controls at the bottom.

20.0.91 (4/8/2015)

1. Fixed: The about dialog didn't scale properly on a high DPI display.
2. Fixed: The 'Browse For Folder' dialog wasn't scaling nicely on high DPI.
3. Fixed: The Internet Explorer browser engine rendered content too small on High-DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The options "Delay between blasts" and "Blast Enter key after the numbers" on television IR emitter setup page did not stick (always reverted to the default values).
5. Fixed: Television setup wizard's IR Emitter testing blasted to all ports on all devices instead of selected device and port.  This could give the wrong impression of IR emitter setup was working when it was actually not set up correctly.
6. Changed: Took the ... off the Media Server menu entry since it doesn't show any confirmation.
7. Fixed: The right-click > Links > Manage Links dialog didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
8. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) are now enabled for DLNA and format conversion.
9. Fixed: The television record and subscribe dialogs could be cut off.

20.0.90 (4/6/2015)

1. Fixed: When in Manage Channels tool, the "Playback Device" field of STB television channels could in rare cases be messed up.
2. Fixed: When editing an STB television channel, the changed "Playback Device" would not be saved.
3. Fixed: Web browser views would be the wrong size on high DPI displays.
4. Fixed: The 'Edit Remote Command' dialog wouldn't scale nicely for high DPI.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: The television recording dialogs didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
7. Fixed: Using a huge expression in the rename rules would throw the dialog's sizing off.
8. Changed: The Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater View is in a custom group "TV".
9. Changed: A change in playback engine that may possibly fix a rare crash.

20.0.89 (4/2/2015)

1. NEW: When configuring television recording subscriptions, one can modify recording anchor time (e.g. "Once per week near Friday at 2:00 pm" -> "Once per week near Thursday at 1:00 pm").
2. Fixed: Previously removed television recording files could not be removed from Removed database.
3. Fixed: Requesting a full-sized cover art image over MCWS for a file which doesn't have one could result in the entire media file being returned instead.
4. Fixed: When editing a previously created time-based television subscription, changing the program name field did not seem to have an effect (although it actually did, but just would not show when you went back to the wizard).

20.0.88 (3/30/2015)

1. Fixed: It required restarting visualizatons when switching the 'Display Quality' instead of just taking effect.
2. Fixed: The minimum height of a scrollbar handle would be too small on a high DPI display.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.16.
4. Changed: Option icons are scaled up on a high DPI display so they don't look too small.
5. Changed: The 'Fill Properties From Filename' dialog scales better on high DPI.
6. Changed: The 'Get Cover Art' tool didn't scale nicely on a high DPI.
7. Changed: The View > Size menu has a 400% option.
8. Fixed: Skins with a scale on the slider wouldn't draw the slider properly.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
10. Fixed: The height of the fonts in the player bar did not scale properly on high DPI.
11. Fixed: Fixed a little glitch in the Russian translation (thanks Kentucio).
12. Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tootip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
13. Fixed: The Manage Library Fields dialog wouldn't scale nicely on a high DPI display.
14. Fixed: Television setup wizard could crash if "Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k" is present on the computer.
15. Changed: Eliminated some unnecessary tuner initialization during television setup.
16. Fixed: Requesting a File List or Cover Art over MCWS for a very slow executing Smart List (ie. Missing Files) could result in all MCWS queries being delayed until the request was completed.
17. NEW: MC supports Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K video capture device.
18. NEW: Added an option when deleting television recordings "Do not track the files in Removed Files database".
19. Fixed: Requesting full-sized album artwork over MCWS from a client of another MC Library Server didn't work reliably.
20. [\b]NEW: The "SONGWRITER" tag is imported from CUE files as the "Composer" tag[/b].

20.0.87 (3/24/2015)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation file (thanks Matteo).
2. Changed: It is now possible to edit postal code on Television properties page, without having to re-run Setup wizard.
3. NEW: Double-clicking a recording rule brings up the 'Configure Recording' page.
4. Fixed: The Television view in Standard View didn't scale properly with a high size setting or a high DPI display.
5. Fixed: The size of the playback display Action Window would be too short on a high DPI display.
6. Fixed: Editing a Smart List with a date range would not properly set the unit field in the UI.
7. Changed: The sizing of Theater View doesn't follow the size set in Standard View manually (but still follows the internal sizing for high DPI).
8. Fixed: MC would crash in Television Setup if Remote Control feature was disabled.
9. Changed: MC will not allow Set-top box type tuner profile setup to proceed if Remote Control feature is disabled.
10. Fixed: On screen instructions wouldn't show reliably.
11. Fixed: On screen instructions didn't scale properly for a high DPI display or a large size setting.
12. Fixed: The ideal size of the Add Library View dialog didn't scale for high DPI properly.
13. NEW: Right-click menu (Add to Favorites, Remove from Favorites, and Hide) on Standard Television view Channels list.
14. NEW: Right-click menu on the Standard Television view's program list.  The menu items depend on the filter type.
15. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.15.
16. Fixed: Combobox drop buttons could be much too wide on a high DPI display.
17. Fixed: Sliders would not draw the handle the right size on high DPI displays.

20.0.86 (3/20/2015)

1. Fixed: MOV/MP4 files could have the wrong information in the Compression field.
2. Changed: Guide button on MCE remote control will also work if the Guide in Theater view is part of a custom group named "Television".
3. Fixed: JTV recordings with uncompressed audio or video would not play.
4. Fixed: JTV rcordings with JRiver Video Codec would not play.
5. Fixed: An 'e' in a string would get interpreted as the power of the number so that sorting S01E03 type inputs would be wacky.
6. Changed: The "Spinning up drive..." message only shows if it's taking longer than 1.5 seconds instead of 0.1 seconds.
7. Fixed: Television EPG auto loading did not work in the last few builds.

20.0.85 (3/19/2015)

1. Fixed: Taskbar player control buttons wouldn't get created in a variety of circumstances.
2. Changed: Adjusted logging related to TV.
3. Fixed: The checkboxes on the 'Import these file types' list (and probably other places) didn't scale with the UI properly for big size settings or high DPI.
4. Fixed: The program would show 'designed to work optimally with a smaller font size' warning when setting the font size to a mild size with a high DPI display.
5. Fixed: Multichannel DSD wrapped by DoPE was overflowing the buffer resulting in noise or crashes.
6. NEW: Users can now choose which detail settings ("Do not record Reruns", "Require exact name match", etc.) to be bothered about when scheduling to record TV shows in Theater View.
7. Fixed: Some Theater View items (such as "Video", "Gadgets", "Exit") were not translated.
8. Changed: MCE remote control "Guide" button switches MC to Theater view Guide if "Guide" is either in its default location (in Video group) or as a root item (parallel to Video).
9. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
10. Fixed: The width of many dialogs would get double scaled so would be way too wide on a high DPI display.

20.0.84 (3/16/2015)

1. Changed: Theater View sizes with the high DPI / high scale factor setting.
2. Fixed: Font scaling wasn't working properly on some monitors.
3. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/AudioPath to get the audio path information during playback.
4. Changed: Lots more dialogs honor the size setting of the program.
5. Fixed: Taskbar right-click buttons weren't working.

20.0.83 (3/13/2015)

1. Fixed: The 'Add Expression' dialog wouldn't resize nicely for high DPI or high scale factors.
2. Changed: Worked on the sizing of DSP Studio when the size factor is high or the monitor is high DPI.
3. NEW: Option "In Over-the-air EPG scan (ATSC only), save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only".  This is useful for people who want to use Over-the-air EPG scan only for certain designated channels.
4. Fixed: Customizing a grouping details view could reset the accompanying grouping view, and vice versa.
5. Fixed: Checbox images in a list didn't scale for Retina / High DPI / large scale factor properly.
6. Fixed: If you created a Smartlist for Last Played is empty and edited it a few times, it would turn wacky.
7. Fixed: The smartlist editing dialog would not be wide enough on high DPI displays (or retina or with a big scale factor).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rs55

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 20.0.93 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 02:15:07 pm »

woohoo! my Redline Preamp vst now works over dlna! Thank you.
By the way - while bit-perfect is bit-perfect ( I went through a few quite hysterical blogs with folks straining to get more and more perfect - with lossless media and bit-perfect output!) - MC does have a decided edge in its processing of DSP. I have to say MC sounds significantly better than foobar2000 on Processed files sent over dlna  - must be your 64 bit thingy.
Why do I veer from the holy grail of "perfect sound"?. Same reason I like grainy black and white photographs! Yes I can capture a cute portrait of my kids with humongous specialized lenses with gargantuan megapixels - but you know what - my modest camera with some subtle ( very subtle) processing to add noise - gives more pleasing photos.
Same with music - after all this Redline Preamp is adding noise ( harmonics, clipping etc) to the "perfect" sound. But to my ears a lot of my music sounds more musical that way!

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:44:38 pm »

The black on black skin timeline bar issue is still present.

Just out of interest, which is the default skin.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:36 pm »

Showing the columns in the current view (Action Window Tag view) is not working again (for Audio)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92324.msg652930#msg652930
Last version working correctly is 20.0.80

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 06:32:54 pm »

The Black on Black skin shows the player position slider correctly for me.

I wonder what might be different?

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:30 pm »

The skin is definitely not rendering correctly:

• The scaling options need to be unlocked for non-retina skins, instead of forcing them to use the Windows scale factor since 20.0.84
  • The default size for MC should be "automatic" which changes its sizing based on the Windows scale factor.
  • All other scales, such as "100%" need to be absolute values that render at a fixed size. They should not be relative to the Windows scale factor. (where "100%" in MC is displayed at double the size if Windows is set to "200%")
  • There could perhaps be two sections for scaling: "1x/1.2x/1.5x/2.0x etc." which would be relative to Windows' scale, and "100%" etc. which have a fixed size regardless of Windows' scale. (and it should default to "100%" for non-retina skins - at least until all the rendering issues are worked out)

This is why all those little rendering bugs need to be corrected.
It's never going to look right unless you are strict about how things render, instead of saying that things are "fine" as they are.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 08:34:25 pm »

My windows 7 scaling is 125dpi. MC is default 100% and default font size 9.  I've being trying various NV drivers because of the MadVR dithering opt1 vertical lines issue.  The MC scalling appears to be the same with the various NV drivers I've tried these last weeks.  

Other skins appear ok,  the skins with size control % and the other dark skins for the most part.   Black on Black being my main skin.  I've used it so long now I cannot remember which skin is the default MC skin.

Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 07:51:42 am »

Another example of a problem with the display/layout. The buttons to apply setting are barely shown. Moving mouse over button will highlight it, but even then the mouse click must only be on the sliver at the bottom (shadow) for button click to be applied. My display is 1080x1920 with default MC fonts/views.

rs55

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:22:05 am »

MC20.0.93 randomly shut down twice this morning. i was playing an album using dlna. It just shut down all of a sudden. twice.
This kind of thing did not happen on 20.0.0.80. Obviously something has changed for the worse as you added all those new features - probably something to do with all the GUI changes you made.

kentucio

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 11:28:54 am »

I confirm that there are still.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 06:40:41 pm »

The last dialog of Television Setup still has the top and bottom above and below the screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 12:14:17 pm »

Split Upsampling Problem

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 08:12:32 am »

Another example of a problem with the display/layout. The buttons to apply setting are barely shown. Moving mouse over button will highlight it, but even then the mouse click must only be on the sliver at the bottom (shadow) for button click to be applied. My display is 1080x1920 with default MC fonts/views.

This is a funny one because I setup exactly the same rule and it edits no problem for me.

Strange.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 10:42:46 am »

The rule works fine. I was showing that the "OK", "Cancel" and "Apply" buttons are blocked by the data/sort box.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:14 am »

The rule works fine. I was showing that the "OK", "Cancel" and "Apply" buttons are blocked by the data/sort box.

What I mean is that the layout is alright for me.  In other words, OK/Cancel/Apply are not blocked.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:50 am »

Gotcha.
Maybe you should build and sell Clones of your work computer.  ;D

Also, I'm on 94 now and don't see the sizing issue anymore. Could have just been a flaky install on my side.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

What I mean is that the layout is alright for me.  In other words, OK/Cancel/Apply are not blocked.

It behaves even worse for me.

EDIT - never mind.  Its not worse, but about the same.  What I saw was a slightly different dialog.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 02:14:45 pm »

Can you figure out what would fix it?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 04:49:58 pm »

EDIT - never mind.  Its not worse, but about the same.  What I saw was a slightly different dialog.

Sorry, it was my mistake.  I was unaware that I was running build 92, having disabled auto update previously for testing.  All is well with build 93.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 09:21:05 pm »

Taking forever to download http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200093.exe  why? ALso after todays update I am having issue on playback. Unable to add additional components. So now I can't play any movies.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:17:24 am »

Can't reproduce the dialog issues, but I am seeing a slight redraw issue:
Add a rule, and first the main frame of the window resizes.
The 'new' section is then painted black for a brief instant before the dialog redraws fully.

Related?

-Leezer-

Tor Henrik Mikkelsgård

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 01:03:07 pm »

After update to 20.0.93 JRemote doesn't show pdf-files!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »

It works in build 94, so it should work in 93.

michaellass

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 03:03:14 am »

There is loosing focus issue when the applcation is going in fullscreen.

Scenario to repreduce the issue:

1-I put a few files in a playing now, doesn't mater audio or video;
2-I play the first one, double click and we have normal fullscreen with the message "Press Esc...."
3-Double click to exit from fullscreen;
4-Double click to play the next file;
5-Double click to go in fullscreen. This time we have fullscreen but with visiable taskbar and without the message "Press Esc....", which I think are comming only on the first instance. If I click ones on the visiable taskbar, MC is going properly in fullscreen.

That scenario I test undur Windows 7.

I don't have any loosing focus issues when I am under Windows 8.1 with the difference, there are missing the messages on start up fulllscreen "Press Esc...."

It's that just me???

J2

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 05:14:00 am »

Next button is missing in taskbar preview?
Tried re-installing but didn't fix it.

See attached picture.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 09:44:21 am »

Next button is missing in taskbar preview?
Tried re-installing but didn't fix it.

See attached picture.

That's a weird one because it's fine here.  We tried two different machines.  Anyone else?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 10:21:36 am »

That's a weird one because it's fine here.  We tried two different machines.  Anyone else?

W7 64 here...after some windows updates the last few Tuesdays I have noticed weird behaviour with the taksbar preview not showing anything but the blue MC icon, all the buttons are there and work. Now this comes and goes and I believe this to be a windows issue as other task bar previews are blank such as any other windows open and even IE. I also use the plug-in MC_Aero_Taskbar_plugin so this may also make a difference.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »

I get two different tagwindows with various movies. I can see no reason why it's one or the other...
I prefer the first.
PixOS

EDIT: After some switching through the library I got the second version for all movies, so far. Strange...
EDIT 2: After closing MC20 and starting again I get the same thing again but not with the same movies.

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:40 pm »

Hi,

I guess its not a version-specific bug, but I think I should report it here.

Steps to take in order to review it:

1. Select a playlist.
2. Search anything in the playlist.
3. When the results appear (even if there are no results), press "Remove Duplicates".

Result: All the entries  - except from the results - are deleted from the playlist.

richardc

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »

Blank playlists being created on handheld device.
I've had to go back to 20.0.63 again - because 20.0.93 also produces blank playlists on my Walkman MP3 player.
Playlist creation, for this player at least, got broken somewhere between MC 20.0.64 and 20.0.84. Am I supposed to download and try out every version of MC until I find the exact iteration where this essential feature became broken? (Yes, I suppose it would help, but is anybody even interested?) Last time I raised this subject, it drew a blank.  Do other portable players all work perfectly with MC after 20.0.84? Can I be the only MC user with a Walkman media player?  Do the experts require more information? Well, I do run the Walkman's 4GB flash close to full most of the time. MC used to handle this with confidence (unlike Windows Media Player which would report that it had insufficient space when it had plenty).

Oh yes. Attempting to delete one of the aforementioned incorrectly created or blank playlists on the USB device, results in a lock up and MC requires a forced shutdown (using Task Manager). After reinstalling MC 20.0.63 the bad playlists on the media player can be removed, but it requires repeatedly returning to the beginning of "Sync Handheld", in order to get a fresh list of the playlists on the device. This behaviour is probably just a clunky feature rather than an actual bug, but losing the ability to create playlists on a handheld device certainly is.

jack wallstreet

Tag Action Window Uses Wrong Tags Until Columns Moved
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 09:23:26 am »

This is an issue, I think introduced with 20 that has been commented on before.  It still seems to be an issue where the tag window doesn't always reflect the current view columns until the column order is temporarily switched.  Just a reminder that this would be nice to have fixed.
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:14 am »

Hi,

I guess its not a version-specific bug, but I think I should report it here.

Steps to take in order to review it:

1. Select a playlist.
2. Search anything in the playlist.
3. When the results appear (even if there are no results), press "Remove Duplicates".

Result: All the entries  - except from the results - are deleted from the playlist.

Thanks for the report.

Next build:
Fixed: Doing 'Remove Duplicates' with a search active would limit the results to only the search matches.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 05:17:31 pm »

Some things are still cut off in Television in the record subscription dialogs (in the second page, there is a checkbox just barely out of view at the bottom).  The back, next, finish and cancel buttons are in a separate bar at the bottom, BUT the rest of the page does not have a vertical scroll bar, so some of the page can be below the bottom and invisible.

If I maximize the dialog, the aforementioned button bar vanishes and I have to use the red X to exit.

Also, if I change View->Size up and down, some fonts change and some do not.

Vista 32-bit at 144 Windows DPI (chosen to make Windows Explorer and browsers work with high resolution HD TV).

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 02:17:47 am »

"Changed: The View > Size menu has a 400% option" at 20.0.88 no longer works with this build.
It said "Not supported by current skin".
I tried every skins from MC20 but all skin got same message.
I have hi-def resolution screen(3800x1800).
Pages: [1]   Go Up