INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to purchase but can't! [antivirus problem]  (Read 4537 times)

deckman

• Recent member
Want to purchase but can't! [antivirus problem]
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:15:10 am »

Hi, I want to purchase media Centre for Windows the website doesn’t allow me to do this. (I’ve tried doing this from the website and from within the program.) Firstly my Internet security, Kaspersky tells me,
‘The requested URL cannot be provided’

URL: https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi<...>
Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: phishing URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: heuristic analysis

I can get round that by telling Kaspersky to ignore this and then I complete the form with my details and payment method, PayPal and press ‘continue’ then redirected to another page and, nothing!
I buy stuff from all over the world online, no problem but I can’t get this to work I’ve tried lots of stuff, different browsers, security settings etc. but no joy. I got say I’m getting a bit frustrated and wondering if I really want to part with $49 when there’s not even a direct contact with an organisation for something as basic as paying for the product!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Want to purchase but can't!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:59:01 am »

Your antivirus program is preventing it. 

Please report it to Kaspersky. 

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Want to purchase but can't! [antivirus problem]
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:52 am »

Hi, I want to purchase media Centre for Windows the website doesn’t allow me to do this. (I’ve tried doing this from the website and from within the program.) Firstly my Internet security, Kaspersky tells me,
‘The requested URL cannot be provided’

URL: https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi<...>
Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: phishing URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: heuristic analysis

I can get round that by telling Kaspersky to ignore this and then I complete the form with my details and payment method, PayPal and press ‘continue’ then redirected to another page and, nothing!
I buy stuff from all over the world online, no problem but I can’t get this to work I’ve tried lots of stuff, different browsers, security settings etc. but no joy. I got say I’m getting a bit frustrated and wondering if I really want to part with $49 when there’s not even a direct contact with an organisation for something as basic as paying for the product!

I always find it amusing when people report their ANTI-VIRUS has once again snagged a Reputable piece of software and then later on complain (not in your case as yet) about getting some type of virus or the such. It's sad that a person has to hide behind ANTI VIRUS software to feel safe on the internet and then find out such software doesn't even work, after spending big $ for it. Using scare tactics ("I got say I'm getting a bit frustrated and wondering if I really want to part with $49 when there's not even a direct contact with an organization for something as basic as paying for the product!") Really.

Why don't you call Kaspersky and get them to fix it for you.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:19 am »

it's better that the anti-virus program incorrectly flags a safe program, than lets a harmful program through.
Better to be safe than sorry.  ;)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:57:49 am »

Also, check to see if you are blocking pop-ups. I typically block ads and that sometimes has to be turned off in order to complete a transaction.

Kaspersky provides a lot of control and adds an extension to Chrome (not sure about ie or firefox). I use Kaspersky and have not had a problem. Like you mentioned, it used heuristics to note the jriver might have been a phishing site, but by clicking that it was ok, you actually reported to Kaspersky that it was OK.

deckman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 03:18:17 pm »

Thanks for your input. I know Kaspersky can be a bit 'aggressive' sometimes, but even when I disabled it (not something I do lightly! Especially since I have been using it for a good while and have never had an instance where I was unable to access PayPal in the protected browser) when I complete the form and click continue I just got a blank screen. However you make a good point about pop up blocker and I'll have a look at the browser setting and see what that does.

Thanks

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 05:16:20 pm »

I've actually had paypal weirdness with Chrome and now use IE when I use paypal. Could be a chrome extension but I only have a few.

I actually think there is something with the new paypal site. There is an option to use the old version and that works well for me.

Sometimes, I think people should stop using javascript and all it's libraries (which I suspect is the problem).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 05:48:20 pm »

Sometimes, I think people should stop using javascript and all it's libraries (which I suspect is the problem).

Javascript is a terrible language.

But the entire web is built upon it. There's no other language that can do client-side processing that is as widely supported by browsers, and as well optimized.  Javascript isn't going anywhere.  (If you want to see how broken most sites are without Javascript, just download and run NoScript for a while.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

deckman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 08:51:30 am »

After a couple more days trying different browsers and setting I still have the same issue and can’t purchase MC20 so now I'm starting to think that maybe I should stick to vinyl. Left it a couple of days and then I thought I’ll give one more try before I turn to the dark side and use Windows MP. It worked fine and I purchased MC20 using PayPal no problems. The thing is I didn’t do anything different than the last dozen times. Go figure!

Thanks for your help

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up