INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a Media Type and Sub Type for Children's Movies and TV Sho [SOLVED]  (Read 3953 times)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

I thought a while back it was made possible to add your own Media Type and or Sub Type?

I need a Media Type called Children or Kids or something to reflect such. The Media Type> Movie works but my smart TV just groups all movies into a folder called Movies and the problem is when the great grand kids are watching a movie over DLNA if the adults are not paying attention it will just go on to the next movie even if it's not a kid friendly movie. Ratings has no affect as it is rating the flic and not G, PG, PG-13, R, X or the such.

Along With the Media Type a Media Sub Type to reflect its Children affiliation would be nice.

What do you think?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

ferday

• MC Beta Team

i certainly don't care if they add a new media subtype, but IMO that isn't what a media type is for and i still want my movies to be subtype movie...

how do you organize your files over the DLNA?  i have two main categories: parents movies and family movies

if keywords contains family, the movie doesn't show up in parents movies, and if keywords does not contain family it doesn't show up in kids movies

this works fine through JRemote, my WD boxes, and my smart TV, it just shows the two main folders under movies...

CountryBumkin

I don't use DLNA so I don't know if this helps or not, but in MC there is a (user) "Ratings" field and an "MPAA Ratings" field.
I have a view in my setup in Theater View ("Family Friendly" movies) to only show MPAA Ratings of "Approved" and "G".
But I'm sure you are aware of the two ratings fields  - so this must be a DLNA specific issue if screening by ratings has no effect.

ferday

• MC Beta Team

CAN it be a DLNA issue though?  MC controls what the DLNA sees, i've never used a unit that didn't just display what MC told it to

doesn't mean one doesn't exist of course, but it seems odd

~OHM~

how do you organize your files over the DLNA?  i have two main categories: parents movies and family movies

they ALL just show up in a folder called Movies

if keywords contains family, the movie doesn't show up in parents movies, and if keywords does not contain family it doesn't show up in kids movies

I will give this a try. I have never used keywords

this works fine through JRemote, my WD boxes, and my smart TV, it just shows the two main folders under movies...

thanks for your thoughts on this......
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

Ok thanks guys....after reading posts from ferday and CountryBumkin I went back to the TV and found the Drive Letter and selected that and there lies MY folders sorted my way.....so a NEW media type and such will not be needed......THANKS GUYS for pushing me....

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

CAN it be a DLNA issue though?  MC controls what the DLNA sees, i've never used a unit that didn't just display what MC told it to

doesn't mean one doesn't exist of course, but it seems odd

One issue that sometimes trips folks up is that you need to specifically customize the views presented to the DLNA device under media network, and those views don't necessarily parallel the views setup anywhere else in the program (i.e. they don't just track standard view or theater view).  

Just to confirm, TAO1857, have you tried changing the DLNA-specific views under media network?

~OHM~

One issue that sometimes trips folks up is that you need to specifically customize the views presented to the DLNA device under media network, and those views don't necessarily parallel the views setup anywhere else in the program (i.e. they don't just track standard view or theater view).  

Just to confirm, TAO1857, have you tried changing the DLNA-specific views under media network?

I have not...but will take a look at this....thanks

ferday

• MC Beta Team

look into it, it will solve your issue :)

tools>options>media network>...add or configure DLNA>...customize views

make two folders under video (parents / kids, or whatever you name them)

set rules for file display.  these rules can be using the MPAA ratings, keywords, whatever you want

~OHM~

look into it, it will solve your issue :)

tools>options>media network>...add or configure DLNA>...customize views

make two folders under video (parents / kids, or whatever you name them)

set rules for file display.  these rules can be using the MPAA ratings, keywords, whatever you want

Ok ferday I finally got around to looking into this...omg my brain has not been so used in a very long time!
I got it looking and acting just as I need. (4 days and 3 nights later and running from the server room to the smart TV a few hundred times) Thank You, thanks also to CountryBumkin and mwillems all your input led me to figure out this curve in MC.

Posting this here but have now installed MC21 on pc that is the (Server)
Pages: [1]   Go Up