INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistance needed with Logitech remote, jriver remote, and stock HTPC remote  (Read 3530 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

I've had to reprogram my logitech harmony on my htpc builds, and now i cannot get my pictures, my music, live TV to work on my logitech remote, when i click on my music, my pictures, live tv, theaterview jumps to VIDEOS/All videos for each one.

I've also tried the remote that came with the IR i bought, and also a another HTPC remote that came with the HTPC and none of them will work.

Anyone know how to remap the logitech harmony (Windows Media Center SE) , jriver hp remote or my factory htpc remote to my music, my pictures, live tv? so they work again?
I've tried all 3 remotes on 3 different htpc's and all of them give the same results.. I'm wondering if i maybe edited the theaterview screen to much and broke the commands?

Thanks in advance.

Also,  Is it possible to add a video overlay into my playing now template/image? (id like to add a introductory video OR animated background on the playing now template i made to play inside the white screen)  see screenshot... if not perhaps it's possible to create the playing now template numerous times, and when one leaves playing now, then goes back the overall playing now screen will be the same, but the white screen wil have changed to the static image/S i created?

Thanks for any tips.

HTPC4ME

bump please

pfm555

• World Citizen

First off I would check to see which media center you have loaded. As I recall there were a few different media centers choices.  Secondly I would go to the actual devices on your harmony and push the actual buttons i.e. my music, pictures and see if they take you to the correct places. If that works then you have the buttons mapped incorrectly and you would need to change. I have a harmony ultimate and the my movies goes to video, my music goes to audio and so on. if I want to go further into the menu and say to actually seeing all my movies then I add additional commands/macros to each button. You can teach JRiver specific remote commands for example so that it goes to for example playlists. you take a button in media center device that does not do anything or has no response in JRiver and use it for the playlists command. You  find this in tool/options/remote control. Hope this helps. 

HTPC4ME

on all 3 htpc's im using windows media center SE in the logitech harmony software

in devices they do not work either Nor do those same buttons work with the remote that came with htpc, Or with the hp remote that came with Ir... so as it sits not one remote can view my pictures, my music, live tv. they all default to all videos/genres

Which is what's confusing me.
ive also tried these 3 remotes on 2 new HTPC builds, and on my original HTPC build, that i just recently had to rebuild, but was running and remotes were working with for years.
also just to note... on the original htpc build im using the exact same ir and remote (Logitech harmony one)  as was used before this recent htpc rebuild.

pfm555

• World Citizen

Media Center SE is the same one I am using. In the tools>options>remote control did you go into device and options and make sure you have MCE remote selected. If this is selected then I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue.

HTPC4ME

Thanks pfm for the tip... that change did nothing on all 3 htpc's (which are all being used as clients.)

im getting somewhere...sort of.

i went to all htpc's, and loaded their default Main libraries ( not our Main library in the house.) and then all the buttons for windows media center SE worked (music, pictures, videos, playing now) i then went to all pc's and loaded a second library we have so that all clients would have another library to test, and when doing that all 3 HTPC's Buttons stopped working (music, pictures, live tv all went to playing now, the only button that worked was Videos, landing me on genres.)

pfm, are you by chance testing yours with a library locally(using the main library on that machine) or a library over the network, and using the pc your controlling with logitech as a client?

Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks

pfm555

• World Citizen

Load all your clients using the access key from your main library/server then in tools> options> startup> windows startup. Set all your clients to start media server on startup. Your main computer/server should also be set to start media server on startup. Restart all to insure that media server has started.Don't know if this a glitch in JRiver but this is the only way I have found to get the clients to respond to the remote.

HTPC4ME

all clients and all servers have Run on Windows startup: Media Center And Media Server.

im wondering if the client theaterview  View structures need to be set up the same as servers theaterview view structures on each clients "main library"?

i thought maybe it might be my custom theme i made, but i went to settings on clients and chose stock skin/themes and issue is the same when connecting to a server library.

pfm555

• World Citizen

I never use or view the clients main library. I create a library, name it and put in the access key. Nothing else that I am aware has to be done. I am sorry that I could not help.   

HTPC4ME

np pfm.. thank you for the suggestions.

JRiver/anyone else have any ideas on what i could do to troubleshoot to get these buttons working again?

Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up