INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having some issues importing, and transfering to my phone.  (Read 1438 times)

NeverReality

Having some issues importing, and transfering to my phone.
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:04:30 pm »

Alright so I've been considering buying JRiver, been using the trial version for the past couple weeks. So I have a couple issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. Firstly when adding my music folders to JRiver, it's adding *a lot* of doubles. It's picking up a folder that has 12tracks, plus a playlist for those twelve tracks, and so it adds 24 tracks, even though they're all for the exact same file location? I can't just opt out of having .cue files being scanned/added because some of my lossless music is in the form of .cue files, while others simply utilize the .cue as a playlist.

Then I went through and selected thousands of songs the other day, which took a couple hours, and selected them to transfer to my phone. It started transfering, and told me it would take about three hours. ( There's no way in hell that if I manually selected those files and transfered them within Windows that it would take nearly that long. Period. ) and now I'm looking through my phone to find *partial* albums? There's a bunch of stuff it just plain didn't transfer. Seems weird as it took twice the amount of time it would if I had simply used Windows...

Anyways, I was originally attracted to JRiver because it has cool options, but now I'm starting to feel like those options aren't really fleshed out..? Then I notice the payment methods, am I to understand that if you've been using JRiver since it's initial introduction, that you've had to purchase all twenty versions? Even as upgrades? I've look at the last few versions of JRiver, there doesn't seem to be much worth spending 20$ to upgrade for?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Having some issues importing, and transfering to my phone.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 01:47:39 pm »

The first problem usually happens when you're importing from both a mapped location and a drive letter.  Check auto-import settings.

The second problem is probably that a conversion is being done.  Check the options under Handheld.  You can add a file type to the supported file types list.

Upgrades are optional.  You can use any version forever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up