INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 133584 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2015, 08:09:23 am »

Album is a central concept in MC. But there is still no easy way for albums to show their average rating. So I wish for an easy/user friendly way to achieve album thumbnail views showing album ratings, preferably with some graphical elements, like the regular MC stars.

Thanks!                  

If you put [Rating] into the thumbnail text, it'll show the average rating for the entire album.

This has worked for a long time.

Further, you can get graphical stars by using:
RatingStars([Rating])
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2015, 07:16:18 am »

in MC 20 or 21, you can choose Audio Only under the View Menu.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2015, 05:47:00 pm »

For csimon.

Generally, the procedure is to create a new thread for any bug that does not get fixed, and then bump it periodically.

That is considered part of the support methodology.

In general, software developers are more likely to work on bugs that are reported by more than one person.

In general, and in all human social encounters, requesting a larger quantity than others is viewed negatively.  This principle could be applied to feature requests and to bug fix requests, especially when those are not echoed by other users.

zeusl

• Recent member
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2015, 03:22:48 am »

This is something that I miss:
In the "Analyze Audio"-window add a check box "Close when finnished"

I mean the window, not JRiver or computer. But perhaps it would be an option?
(I use MC primarily for music...)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2015, 05:16:48 am »

How about an offline 'sync' sort of thing when a laptop is only connected to a remote library.

An example.  My setup is a htpc in the lounge which is the main library.  My laptop is connected only to this library (the 'local' library has no media).  When I load Media Center on the laptop, it defaults to this remote library.

So, I go on holiday and want to take a couple of films and/or TV shows.  Except I can't because when away the laptop won't have access to the main library, and the local library has no media.

If I could right click on media and have an option like 'Watch Offline', it copies the film from the media location and enables 'offline' viewing.

There would have to be some way of having the remote library available offline too, as Media Center on the laptop would still have it as the default.

Basically, exactly replicate how Windows offline files works; you don't need to have the whole network share available offline to be able to only access some sub folders offline.

I know I could maintain a local library and manually copy and import what I want, but that's naff!

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2015, 05:26:13 am »

Not sure if this one is for JRiver or madVR team.

Can the madVR tray icon settings be set to always show as default.  Had a problem recently when playing with madVR display mode switching (the screen changed but showed nothing on screen, and I couldn't get to the settings to change them without it changing the display and not showing anything again, so a continuous loop!).

Resetting madVR settings using the .BAT file didn't work.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2015, 09:03:52 pm »

How about an offline 'sync' sort of thing when a laptop is only connected to a remote library.

Sync Handheld device, in this case, your laptop.

Not exactly the same as Windows Offline files, but pretty close. Includes transcoding if you want to have smaller files on the laptop. Of course you will still need software to play the media on your laptop, and MC in the logical choice, but you will need to import what you have synced into the local MC database on the laptop. The advantage of that is that when travelling, and you have watched some stuff you don't want to carry around any more, you can use MC to manage and delete media.

At least, I believe that is how you would use the Handheld Syncing functionality with a laptop. I haven't actually done it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:20 am »

When downloading movie or tv show info from tvdb, option to choose descriptions and episode names in different languages (if available), and option to choose dvd or aired date order.

flight16

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2015, 08:32:44 pm »

I don't believe Sync Handheld will sync metadata or playlist information.  In my testing I found it to be a one-way push to the directory.

I would also like an offline sync feature.  I don't want to leave my NAS on all day just so I can listen to music on my tiny, low-powered MC PC. 

HiFiTubes

« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2015, 05:13:21 am »

Already requested several times Tidal and Qubiz high-res streaming support.  :)

+1

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2015, 06:02:32 am »

I don't believe Sync Handheld will sync metadata or playlist information.  In my testing I found it to be a one-way push to the directory.

I would also like an offline sync feature.  I don't want to leave my NAS on all day just so I can listen to music on my tiny, low-powered MC PC. 

Syncing a handheld is one direction, but as it works by syncing what you have selected to sync, usually a playlist, and when it does that it copies the playlist itself over as well, in one of several formats you can specify,  along with all the files referred to in the playlist(s).

Also, if the metadata is stored in the media files, which is usually the best idea, then the metadata is synced across as well, and available for whatever tool is going to play the media. If it is a stand alone copy of MC on a laptop running a local library, the metadata and playlists are available to use. All you have to do is have the local database set up to import from the location that the media is synced to. There would be a few other set up issues for the sync and the local database, such as do you delete anything not currently in the sync list, and if so, do you have the local database forget the media files, or retain a record of them and mark then as not available. All solveable issues though.

So you wouldn't need to leave your NAS on all day. Just sync to your low powered MC PC and play from a local database on there.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #261 on: September 03, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

For converting recorded TV in jr format to MP4 format for mobile viewing: would be really nice to use my CPU's hardware transcoder. Software transcoding is slow and hot.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2015, 02:09:02 pm »

How about media server options for PS4 and Xbox One. Both now support DLNA.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: September 04, 2015, 02:34:27 pm »

Xbox has been an option for several years.  I think PS4 is too.  If they support DLNA they should work.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #264 on: September 04, 2015, 02:36:29 pm »

Add Google Play Music MC integration  (see past thread at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75111.msg508990#msg508990)

This capability has been offered by MANY 3rd party libraries and apps (both official and unofficial) including:

Specifically I'd like to see the following MC/Google Play capabilities:
  a) Ability to Upload selected MC music + playlists to my Google Play Music library.
  b) View my Google Play Music Library + Playlists from within the tree structure of MC
  c) (of course) Streaming any Google Play music file or playlist
  d) Google Play Music Album Art support

This is really relevant now for the following reasons:
  1) Google Play Music now supports 50,000 free user library uploads!!
  2) This way one is not forced out of MC to manage and play from our Google Cloud collection
  3) This would provide a much-needed ability to selectively upload Google Play playlists that are not a part of WMP.
  4) Keeps JR MC relevant in a rapidly changing media player world by integrating with a major cloud service!

-JT

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #265 on: September 04, 2015, 02:37:49 pm »

Sorry I meant having profiles for those systems.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »

In any info area that shows a video/dvd/bluray's duration, it would be nice to also display an "ends" time - the time of day the item would finish if started now. Wife and I have found this to be very useful information while deciding which bluray to watch in the evening. I could do the math in my head, but computers are better at it and faster.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2015, 02:41:56 am »

When viewing or editing the 'comment' tag field, can it open a resizable text box instead of showing a long line of text? I always embed an album's review from allmusic there and its a pain to edit or even view.
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:08 pm »

It'd be very useful if there was a cpu priority for the "analyze audio" function.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2015, 06:25:27 am »

And another one that shouldn't be hard to implement. When Playing from memory is enabled, maybe there should also be a switch to set the upper limit in MB, ie if a flac is 210mb in size and the user has put the limit to 200mb, the file won't be played from RAM. Of course, the usual -1 switch should also be there for unlimited size.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »

My post about this problem went unresolved, so I am concluding it is a feature request:

There needs to be a way to turn off Media Keys for Media Server (not Media Center) or they need to be disabled for Media Server to begin with.

Currently, media keys will control media locally through Media Server when Media Center is not running, which interferes with the media key functionality of other applications.

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:06 am »

I'd like to see slow motion playback simplified. When I select the speed of playback I want, I get a DSP studio window for audio selection. I'd like not to have this and to have audio muted. You can't understand the audio so I don't see the point of having to make an audio selection.

zaza

• Recent member
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2015, 04:56:48 am »

It would be much appreciated being able to go forward videos one frame at a time and have a specific button to capture an image in the desired format ! hopefully it will be an option soon! thank you!   ::)

wolffe

• Recent member
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2015, 05:26:53 pm »

Hi!
   If this feature is already available, I apologize in advance.

I'd like the ability to have a separate username/password login to an existing media network that enforces a *read only* policy at the server.  The use case is allowing the other people in my household free access to the media network without them having any ability to screw up the library by erasing files, renaming/retagging, etc.

While the client connections would be read only (based on login credentials), the library itself should be able to be updated/modified/synced either locally or via a remote administrative user (again, based on login credentials).

Bonus points for having more than the two (Administrator, ReadOnly) accounts and allowing ratings to be stored per user without modifying the original file.  At this point, a multi-user rating combined score would be cool.

Super bonus points for LDAP/Active Directory/Other user management integration.

OopsieDaisy

• Recent member
« Reply #274 on: September 26, 2015, 02:57:22 pm »

I wish there were volume leveling for WATCH TV.

Also, in the Delete box popup, we have three options.  It would be nice if the default option was always the last option used, instead of the first option.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2015, 03:03:56 pm »

... in the Delete box popup, we have three options.  It would be nice if the default option was always the last option used, instead of the first option.
+1 for this! I choose 'delete file' 95% of the time and get fed up having to scroll down every time.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2015, 04:10:26 pm »

+1 for this! I choose 'delete file' 95% of the time and get fed up having to scroll down every time.

The safe-guard is there for a good reason.  But just hit Shift+Del and it'll remember that last used delete mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2015, 05:13:49 pm »

I'm talking about within Theatre mode, not in standard mode where I understand there being a safeguard.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

A standard view (music/audio book) cover art slide show based on the current playing track albums folder, sub image folders ( /images - /cover art etc).  Option to use the rotated reflection effect.  With quality settings to suit all GPU's (quality of transition, speed of transition, and other quality options to make it's animation slick.   

When the track changes to one from another folder, so would the cover art slide show.

The slide show could be set up from same place one currently chooses the cover art and rotated effect, from the right click context menu on the mouse.  Easy to access and set up.

In my opinion this would really add some extra polish to the standard view.  Which I use all the time for audio only.     
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »

Like to see in 21--in standard view--a drop down box of user saved DSP settings in the customisable toolbar. Saves going into DSP settings to turn stuff on and off.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Requests -- July, 2015
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2015, 01:28:41 pm »

"- In detail view, make it possible to have a larger thumbnail image. "
I would really like to see this as well.  It's pretty impossible to use list view with images.  I wish that by widening the thumbnail column it would scale the thumbnails up and adjust the row height to auto-fit.

tlg

« Reply #281 on: October 05, 2015, 06:56:49 am »

Hi... in the process of free evaluation to possibly move on from WMC (in the UK) and get on win10 .. for us the PC is attached to the terrestrial TV with priority being a good easy PVR.. followed by all the other good things too ... the increase in sound quality is very noticeable and a great plus  .. the menus seem odd but I am sure we can fiddle and cope with that ok ..

BUT the EPG is very inferior  :o   my wife attempted to view 3 programs that were " in the past" last night looking at me quizzically... in WMC you cannot do this .. you are always on top of the time and what's on with some genre colour coding too ... I think it is a show stopper for us unless i can see some big improvements in this area in the development plan ...

Have I missed something .. can you alter the granularity of the EPG to every 5 mins  or something? That would certainly help to see where you are..

seems odd that some of the free offerings can produce a better display on this..

is there any plans?

cheers
TLG

Antoine.

• World Citizen
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:51 am »

• To give the user the option of grouping songs by albums in regular playlists (it exists only for smart playlists as far as I can see).
  • To add 2 more "recently used function" buttons when right clicking? I'm using this a lot when tagging and would like that the software remembers the last 3 different actions!

Thanks for considering it...
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2015, 07:01:02 am »

Hi... in the process of free evaluation to possibly move on from WMC (in the UK) and get on win10 .. for us the PC is attached to the terrestrial TV with priority being a good easy PVR.. followed by all the other good things too ... the increase in sound quality is very noticeable and a great plus  .. the menus seem odd but I am sure we can fiddle and cope with that ok ..

BUT the EPG is very inferior  :o   my wife attempted to view 3 programs that were " in the past" last night looking at me quizzically... in WMC you cannot do this .. you are always on top of the time and what's on with some genre colour coding too ... I think it is a show stopper for us unless i can see some big improvements in this area in the development plan ...

Have I missed something .. can you alter the granularity of the EPG to every 5 mins  or something? That would certainly help to see where you are..
I'll move your post to a new thread since it needs some discussion.  The EPG has been a moving target for the last couple of months.  Microsoft made big changes that caused a ripple.  In general, it's getting much better, but you need the latest build from the forum.  Please read the threads on the TV board here and double check your setup.

mc2xml should work now.  SchedulesDirect will work in a build that will be released this week.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:26 am »

I believe this has been requested before, at least for images, if not home videos:

Some kind of "smarts" to allow home videos to be played back in the right orientation. In my experiments yesterday, MC was the only one out of the following that played a video (shot on an iPhone) upside down:

VLC
PowerDVD
WMP
iTunes
QuickTime

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2015, 10:08:09 am »

• To add 2 more "recently used function" buttons when right clicking? I'm using this a lot when tagging and would like that the software remembers the last 3 different

Thanks for considering it...
tools>options>tree & view>advanced
right click recent command count: change the number to whatever you want!  i use 6, not sure if there is an upper limit

blgentry

« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2015, 10:12:18 am »

• To give the user the option of grouping songs by albums in regular playlists (it exists only for smart playlists as far as I can see).
  • To add 2 more "recently used function" buttons when right clicking? I'm using this a lot when tagging and would like that the software remembers the last 3 different actions!

I believe MC does both of these things already.  I've started a new thread about it here, so we can discuss it:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100638.0

Brian.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2015, 04:37:17 pm »

tools>options>tree & view>advanced
right click recent command count: change the number to whatever you want!  i use 6, not sure if there is an upper limit

The upper limit is 8, but there was a registry modification suggested by Matt long ago that could increase that. I used to have it at 20 in MC18 I think. I lost the mod when I moved to 19.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2015, 06:51:44 pm »

Can you make use of jump lists? They've been around for years, since Windows 7, and now with 10, they're even more useful. Have a few basic commands and recent files.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2015, 11:26:23 am »

Hi there.

theater view: more than 3 rows in 3D-album view: we have at least full hd panels, so 6 rows can be easily read.
Thanks!

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »

This would be a minor request; i'd like to see where when you select a movie to watch in Theater View in the info screen, it would be nice to have like a 'Chapter Selection' screen where you have thumbnails of the movie chapters and directly pick where you want to start playing. I know that I can skip through the chapters to get to a scene, but if I want to start the movie in the middle or see a scene near the end it would be a bit cumbersome to skip through the chapters to get to it.

Other than that awesome program :)

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2015, 02:49:27 am »

1. New skins with a better graphical design..

2. Changed parametric eq; giving me a way to easy call on 4-5 standard eq sets. I subtract sometimes the mid bass, sometimes the treble and more.

3. Toolbar support for "all commands". Most meny items I need often cannot be invoked from the toolbar.

4. A small screen indicator when "stop after current song" is checked.

5. Easy access to "play this song" after current.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:27 pm »

This is the ideas thread still.  Some of my current ideas.

1. This is still a good idea!   Just listening to my Beatles-1 and wishing it I could set up a right click slide show from its artwork folder whilst on this album. (standard view)

A right click context menu setup for a cover art slideshow based of the currently playing albums folder (with options for sub folders - /art/images/coverart), and with the option to have the rotated reflection effect (with quality setting).  All on the right click context menu when right clicking over the cover image (standard view).  A cover art slideshow from the currently playing album folder - rotated reflection effect. when the trk changes to another album, so does the slideshow... and so on.

This could also have options to change the speed of transition, not just one but two options here. Long and short transition times and a chaos factor option as well to mix up between long and short image transitions.

Option to not auto play when changing the 'car radio' playlists.  If left ON by default it should not interfere with anyone who wants auto play.  Nice to have the option to turn off or some other states.  I had not considered other states just on and off, but other options could be worked out for semi-auto play depending upon conditions maybe.

When changing playlists, and or starting MC up - to scroll down and highlight the last playing file (and options around this, inc type of highlight and colours).  An easy in UI way of doing this.  What I find it does do currently upon car radio playlist change is it plays the first track in the playlist and sort of scrolls down to the area where the last track was played in that list.

A wave form seek bar/scrub window, similar to soundcloud.  Not separate by default but enabled to fit (dock) nicely above the playlist buttons in standard view (just below cover art)  or for that matter just above the cover art, or anywhere on the standard view (maybe). This could if one wanted to replacing the timeline altogether (optional),  replacing with a waveform seek/scrub section.  

With quality/graphics options to optimise and refine for those with more gpu power.  Smoothing, anti-aliasing to the point it almost looks soft focus.  You know, just good graphics ideas we could build on.

I would actually love to have an all in one 'soundcloud' type waveform seekbar option to play with.  Integrated into standard view either in the same place as the timeline is now.  And other options for placement/detachment.

With options for turning it off/hiding etc for those who do not want it.

Option to back up to a 2nd location as well as the default one at the same time.  As and when jriver does it auto backing up.

The audio path does not show blue (direct) for the skin Black on Black.   Could this be updated please.

Could the dark skins like Black on Black support the 'Size' option where possible please.   Not sure if these are in house or user created.  Black on Black being my main skin at the moment.  We all use so many different options for viewing these days, and scaling.  So surely skins should now take advantage of all the scaling options in JRiver.

Thank you, Black on Black has the size option now.

It would be good to see some more in house dark, grey, skins for larger TVs in dimmed rooms and night time of course.   The skin shown by this user is a good one:  HERE   but is not willing to share it Sad

Some new black and dark grey skins by in-house which bundle with the software.  new UI designs for large TV screens in dim rooms for people wanting easy on the eyes dim and night time UI's.  I'm a night owl and up all night with a large plasma screen, so all dark and grey everything suits my eyes.

I thought it might be good to look at introducing some win10 style skins in the up coming year.   I've not moved to W10 yet but see its style.  I would like to see some dimmed room and night time skins.  Dark grey, Dark-grey-blue tint,  with orange and or blue marine button colors.  Blue's and orange's and some green's seem to fit well with dark grey themes.

For example look at this jriver win10 style dark grey theme with green buttons.  It's a private skin one jriver member created but alas will not share despite me asking politely a few times.  This is a perfect look for me on my large plasma screen in a dimmed room.  The green works well in this win10 style, but so would orange and some marine blue.

My eyes hurt with bright themes and this is perfect on my large 50 inch plasma screen.

Old and new style VU meters able to pop out the GUI of a VST plugin.

I've got the VU meters suggested in the other recent same sort of request thread:  http://www.lsraudio.com/lvlmeter.html  Where someone mentioned looking into a detached window, either from the main UI or from DSP studio.

Would be great to be able to have these display in there own detached window, without always having to open DSP studio.  

Maybe there are two ideas here.  One is to have VST VU's be able to detach from DSP studio and float anywhere without the need to have DSP studio main window open.

And second,  to maybe have in-house VST VU meters as floating window options for JRiver down the line.  I've not really found a good selection of good VU meters.  The one from the link above. And ideas based off the photo in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96388.msg664704#msg664704

I mean the software is a player, it has volume control so I thought why not also offer 1-5 (old and new) VU meters bundled in.  To enhance the visual impact of using JRiver without needing more 3rd party stuff. And right there in a detached border less window, and also integrated into standard view somewhere if that option was checked.  Just a thought for the future.

I would like to see a separate option section for the Car Radio / playing now playlists.  

One option to be able to turn off auto 1st track play when switching car radio playlists. And also to scroll down and highlight the last played track in each of the 12 car radio playlists.  And for this to still work after editing the playlist adding in more tracks and deleting others.  And maybe also a separate audio book section of options and little features all built in ready to go with a few check boxes and spinners to set values.

For example, the member 6233638  kindly gave me this script to remember the place in an audio book and mark it a color so I knew where to start from when coming back to the playlist of many audio books one after another in the car radio playlist.  

I wonder how many other cool little script ideas like this could be made into features to called up by right click context menu when using files marked as audio books. And with options found in the Car Radio/Audiobooks section somewhere in the options menu.

Ideas that I have no idea of yet, but could make great features for an audio book set of tools all there on the right click context menu.  Maybe turned on and off from the main options section I mention above, as to not clutter the right click section with unwanted features.

Including lots of member scripts and ideas into little add-ons easily added via right click in the various sections would be something to really bump novice users like myself.

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2016, 04:18:02 pm »

Ability to selectively lookup certain metadata from on online database based on values of other metadata without over-writing that metadata. For example, I have meticulously tagged audio files, but am a poor judge of Genre. It would be useful if MC could only lookup and replace the Genre tag.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #294 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:32 pm »

Ability to selectively lookup certain metadata from on online database based on values of other metadata without over-writing that metadata. For example, I have meticulously tagged audio files, but am a poor judge of Genre. It would be useful if MC could only lookup and replace the Genre tag.

+1

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:41 pm »

+1 this would be very nice when preparing some demo playlist where people refer to album rather than song.
Thank you to consider it.
Kami[/list]
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2016, 05:26:51 pm »

+1

And a self +1 for:

A cover art slide show in standard view based on current playing tracks album/art/ folder -

A right click context menu setup for a cover art slideshow based of the currently playing albums folder (with options for sub folders - /art/images/coverart), and with the option to have the rotated reflection effect (with quality setting).  All on the right click context menu when right clicking over the cover image (standard view).  A cover art slideshow from the currently playing album folder - rotated reflection effect. when the trk changes to another album, so does the slideshow... and so on.

This could also have options to change the speed of transition, not just one but two options here. Long and short transition times and a chaos factor option as well to mix up between long and short image transitions.

Arindelle

« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2016, 08:22:00 am »

Are you asking for automatic retagging, of files already tagged?  ... the db that JRiver pulls its genres from is not terribly consistent .. what you call Rock might be someone else's Thrash Metal; your genres could be someone else's styles. Hard to stipulate "only update the field Genre" as there is not a universal reading of that as a TAG. It would be nice to have more metadata choices, but that would cost money ;)

However, if you prefer the metadata from ALLMUSIC you can make a link for it and copy/paste the data you want (can do the same for Discogs). Their is also the PICARD tagger from musicbrainz, but that is an external program.

Here's two links I use for allMUSIC ... the first searches on the Artist tag the second on the Album Tag.  Click on the link bar Manage Link add then paste link from clip board. They are set to open a browser externally.

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">AMG</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.allmusic.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//Replace([artist],/ ,+)</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[media type]=[audio]</Item>
</Link>

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">AllMusic Albums</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.allmusic.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.allmusic.com//search//album//[album]</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio]</Item>
</Link>

TIP for tagging maniacs: lets say you like the Allmusic Styles for your genre or sub-genre/Styles field. This works for all List type fields (it is easy to create them if needed, based on any string field and they will auto-populate each other). When the browser opens, with your mouse select the text. Click on the field from the Tag window then right click and paste from Clip board). If they are individual line items (like the Styles are in ALLMUSIC) these will be separated out. If you need to reformat the copied info, you can choose Edit all in Text Editor.  Each line will add a semi-colon automatically and create a separator for you in the chosen field (again using list fields ... the ones with check boxes). 

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:47 am »

Arindelle

the problem is, if you "lookup info from online database" it will change ALL the tag fields no matter what

many of us would just like to change one or two fields

for example, when you ctrl-c, ctrl-shift-V...you get the checkboxes to say which fields you want to copypasta.  that's what we'd love for the "lookup info from online database"

Arindelle

« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2016, 10:18:20 am »

Arindelle

the problem is, if you "lookup info from online database" it will change ALL the tag fields no matter what

many of us would just like to change one or two fields

for example, when you ctrl-c, ctrl-shift-V...you get the checkboxes to say which fields you want to copypasta.  that's what we'd love for the "lookup info from online database"

@Ferday

ah I see. So this is for files tagged externally and you want them retagged ... ok why not. I see your point.  :) If we could subscribe to premium metadata services, that would be very nice.

Provided that you are ok with what other people call genres and the actually genre that someone decided to apply. (I use a Genre, a sub genre and a style so I know I'm not the norm) I am pretty sure that the current database is populated by users ... not sure what is decided if, as in my example above, one user puts in Thrash Metal and another just Rock ... but I'm guessing its like FreedB, but I'm honestly not sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up