INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 CD burning speed can only be set to "MAX"  (Read 1563 times)

markbrauer

• Recent member
MC20 CD burning speed can only be set to "MAX"
« on: July 21, 2015, 11:23:29 am »

I recently purchased the upgrade from MC18 to MC 21 so am now running MC20. In MC20 I cannot change CD burn speeds - for both drives they are set to "MAX" with no other option in the tools/options/burning/drives pulldown. In MC18 I get the option to set at "1 Speed" and 2, 4, 8, and MAX speeds. My drives give their best results at 1 speed and produce lousy sounding CDs at MAX. So I can't burn CDs using MC20.  Am I missing something here?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 CD burning speed can only be set to "MAX"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 11:40:14 am »

Did you try rebooting?

markbrauer

• Recent member
Re: MC20 CD burning speed can only be set to "MAX"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »

Aw, come on. Can't somebody post something to help? It's been almost three weeks.

I did reboot, any number of times.

Today I need to burn a CD so I fired up version 18 thinking it would still work. Well, it won't burn CDs at all. Just locks up and Windows shuts it down. So I go to version 20 and the only burn speed option is "max" which I know from experience gives poor sonic results.

Do I need to find another program to burn discs?

Version 18 was working perfectly. It's seeming that paying to "upgrade" to version 21 was a bad idea.

This is my first experience with this forum and this seems like a pretty simple question. But I'm not getting any answers.

What can I do? I need to burn this disc. Please help...
Pages: [1]   Go Up