INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Problems  (Read 6646 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
TV Problems
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:18:42 pm »

I have 3 clients working from an MC server. One of the 3 just stopped playing live TV. Worked all last week but went to use it Sunday and all I got was a "playback problem. Unspecified Error" message. I can think of nothing I changed. Nor can I identify and settings that need adjusted, though there could be something I'm unaware of. I can still playback recorded TV files, etc...but no live TV. All other clients and the server play live TV fine.

I have a HD HomeRun Prime with 3 cards.

Also, on a a different client machine I have twice received the following message;

This version of Media Center be activated once by running it once with at leastPower user privileges.

After this activation it can be with only guest privelages.

(Unactivated component:   c:\Program Files (x86) JRiver\mediacenter21\TV\MJTSFilesReader.ax)

The clients TV guides do not seem to refresh each day as scheduled, though the server seems to.

Also, on the clients, the guide will be there for several days then all of a sudden the guide data disappears. I then must run set up again. I'm using digital cable cards, Mx2xml.

Baffles by all above & would greatly appreciate any help!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Many TV Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »

Start by running MC with Administrator privileges (just once) if you have not already done so. Right click on the MC icon and select "run as administrator".

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:01:55 pm »

Thanks, CB. I've done that. We'll see if this helps my guide issues.

Hopefully I'll get more responses about my Live tv issue.....

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:05 pm »

Also, Check under Tools>Options>Media Network>Client Options and make sure the box is checked for "Auto sync"

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:42:02 pm »

Also, on the server under Media Network, turn on Authentication, and enter the User Name and Password for the user account that is normally logged in to the server.

Plus, please confirm the version of MC you are running. It could make a big difference.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:29:27 am »

Hi Guys......

Yes, the sync box has been checked on the server and both clients.

I just checked the guide on all machines. The server updated as it was scheduled. The 2 clients did not. I verified all that was suggested above yesterday. I also ran as the administrator once as suggested.

The server and clients have had the correct user name & password entered under authentication and the clients to successfully connect to the server when they start up.

Lastly, all machines are running and have been running the most recent v21.0.2.

Still cannot run live TV on the one client but it works on the other client and the server.

CountryBumkin

Re: TV Problems
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 07:48:40 am »

Is there any virus protection or file sharing permissions on the Client machines that are different (between the two clients) and might help explain why one client works and the other doesn't?

On the Clients, if you restart MC does the TV guide data then update to match server?  Are videos playing okay on both clients?

Also check the Audio setup on each client. I have seen the "something when wrong with playback" message when I had misconfigured the audio setup.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 09:35:45 am »

CB....I can only assume there is not a sharing or virus protection issue because both clients connect correctly to the MC server machine and all audio & recorded video (home video & recorded TV) play correctly. It is only with one of the clients that I cannot play live TV.

I did reboot both clients and neither of the TV Guides updated. The last time they updated was yesterday when i manually updated them.

Regarding audio set up, I cannot find anything wrong. i did try using several different settings but none worked so i put all back to where they were. It was working fine all last week then all of a sudden Live TV just stopped working.

The guides on the clients haven't updated automatically since that guide issue of a couple weeks ago was resolved and reestablished with MC21.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 05:55:09 pm »

Go to "C:\Users\yourComputerName\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Settings\MC2XML" and see if the mc2xml.dat file has a current date (is being updated). If it has Aug 18th as the file date then it is running and collecting the data but for some reason not updating the guide. If the file date is a week or more old, then the mc2xml program is not running.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »

Do you use any Norton (Symantec) security products?

I use Norton 360, and recently upgraded it to their Windows 10 version of the product. It is an entirely new interface, and it seems to have had some of its intrusion protection functionality significantly beefed up.

This gave me quite a few problems for days, as it was blocking communications between the server, client, and JRiver servers, on some but not all functions. I possibly could have just set MC to be allowed to do anything by putting an exception rule in, but I prefer to use their automated detection methods and then allow the process to complete when a popup asks if it is okay. So popups must be turned on to see what is going on. i.e. Silent Mode must not be turned on. I think it took a few restarts and some use of MC to get all issues resolved, partly because I upgrade the client and the server/HTPC at different times, separated by days. Symantec don't force this significant upgrade on a user immediately.

I believe that other Symantec products have recently gone through a similar upgrade.

Of course, other security products may be going through a similar process to ensure compatibility with Windows 10, particularly if you have automatic upgrades turned on. I'm still on Windows 7, but still had these problems.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 07:28:34 pm »

I just reread your first post. The highlighted text caught my eye.

Also, on the clients, the guide will be there for several days then all of a sudden the guide data disappears. I then must run set up again. I'm using digital cable cards, Mx2xml.

You aren't setting up the guide and TV configuration on the Clients are you? Because you shouldn't be, even if you have networked tuners that can be shared between the clients and the server. Setting up the guide on the server shouldn't fix the guide on the clients, and all TV configuration should be set up on the server.

Just checking this wasn't an issue.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

Thanks Roderick. I do have TV guide set up on both clients. i will change that & see if it improves.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 09:21:58 am »

Wow. I feel dumb. That fixed all my problems.

Thanks to all.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 11:22:09 am »

RoderickGI... ! RoderickGI ... ! RoderickGI ... ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 06:44:47 pm »

:D  Thanks mate. Sometimes we have a win. Team effort though.

Enjoy using MC jrdiandrea!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 12:56:13 am »

RoderickGI... ! RoderickGI ... ! RoderickGI ... ;D
Yes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up