ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: F-Keys  (Read 1585 times)

garygotcha

• Place Personal Text Here
F-Keys
« on: March 15, 2004, 11:31:10 am »

I am new to the program ICE-Off-SITE, so please be patient with my questions.

I am connecting to a Unix system running IDEXX.  I am able to connect and have access to the system.  Everything seems to be working, except, in this progarm the F2 key is used to find customers.  When I use the F2 key I get an error message "numbers only".

I have uninstalled the program and re-installed thinking maybe I had a corupted file.  Same problem continues.

I have a Pent. 4 system running windows XP.  Any suggestions as to what my problem may be.

In advance, Thanks for the help.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
F-Keys
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:11:40 pm »

The first thing I would check is the terminal type. It's likely your application requires a specific terminal type especially if it uses function keys.

ICE emulates the proper function keys for all supported terminal types. If you are using SCO unix for your application the terminal type is probably WYSE60 24 lines or ANSI 25 lines. The number of lines is as important as the terminal type.

Try this and let us know what you find.

garygotcha

F-Keys
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:32:52 pm »

I am using the ANSI with the 25 lines.  I have checked marked the box refering to the fkeys and this does not correct the situation either.  I have spoken with Idexx and they tell me the setting appear to be ok.

I am runing Ice offsite 3.0, is there an update or patch I should be looking at?

Thanks for you help.

Gary c

pai235

F-Keys
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 05:56:05 pm »

This may be a dumb question but by any chance is the KB you are using a Logitech Access KB? If it is then your problem is that the F Lock Light isn't on & F1-F12 will not work under unix.

Also did you check the ttytype file in /etc for the port the modem is connected to & make sure it is set to ansi & not unknown or something else?

Not sure if any of that will help but good luck.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
F-Keys
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:28:42 am »

He finally got it. The terminal type in the DIALER was set to the wrong type. The terminal type can be set on a "by host computer" basis.

Thanks for your suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 11:29:16 am by Bob »

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.