ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Installing ICETCP5  (Read 845 times)

shaun

• Place Personal Text Here
Installing ICETCP5
« on: April 05, 2004, 01:02:05 pm »

I have a Windows NT PC that had Telnet Pro (ICETCP5), when you would double click the icon to open Telnet Pro an error would come up stating "could not connect IP address, it is not saved in the registry."  

So what I decided to do was uninstall Telnet Pro, and try to reinstall it.  But when I put the CD in to reinstall it, and I click on User Install, nothing happens.  The hour glass comes up but then it stops and the CD will not install.  I have tried a different Telnet Pro CD and it does the same thing.  I have tried other installation CD's and they come up just fine.

Is the installation recognizing that this was previously installed?

And when you log off the user, or shut down the PC- Windows brings up and End Task error, when you click on End Task it states "JRiver is running and trying to install, installation not complete because Windows is shutting down."

Any suggestions??

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Installing ICETCP5
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 01:22:22 pm »

Sounds like a possible installshield issue. Try installing an updated version and see if it acts any differently. You may have to remove or rename a file called uninst.exe in the windows system directory if it exists.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:23:02 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 21 queries.