ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: New Telnet failed message when trying to make a ssh connection  (Read 978 times)

Advantage Support

New Telnet failed message when trying to make a ssh connection
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

I have a user that is making a SSH connection to a host.  The connection is made through a firewall.
When the user makes the SSH connection, they are prompted to enter their SSH login name and password.  After they enter that information, they receive the message 'new Telnet failed'.
I tried the same process on my PC, which is not behind a firewall.  When I log in as the user, I am brought to a screen to change the password.  The user does not get to the password change screen.
I have looked through the ICETCP support forums for information about the 'new Telnet failed' message.  The host that we are connecting to is using SSH protocol 2.
Can someone tell me what is generating the 'new Telnet failed' message when the user connects through a firewall?  Port 22 on the firewall is already open, the user is able to communicate with the host.

Advantage Support

Re: New Telnet failed message when trying to make a ssh connection
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »

Follow up comment.  The user behind the firewall is using ICETCP Pro 5.1.25.  I am using ICETCP Pro 5.1.30.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: New Telnet failed message when trying to make a ssh connection
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »

The password change options was added in the most recent version.
Prior versions don't support changing the password on the fly.

Either an upgrade is recommended if they will be hitting the password change dialog frequently or as a workaround the system administrator can change the users password or password timeout on the unix/linux system.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 17 queries.