ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Where is Sequence # Housed  (Read 1762 times)

johnm

• Place Personal Text Here
Where is Sequence # Housed
« on: October 29, 2010, 02:11:30 pm »

Hi, in follow up to another question I had on installing Dejawint for Windows 7 where is the Sequence # housed? 

-John

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Where is Sequence # Housed
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:37:09 am »

If you have a current enough build/version of ICE.TCP PLUS that you were able to successfully install on Windows 7, the sequence number is in the "File" menu along the top task bar.

johnm

Re: Where is Sequence # Housed
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:02 am »

Deanna,

Thanks for the response.  Actually I'm familiar with the location you had mentioned.  What I'm after is where in the registry this is being housed.  What we are finding is an install for this is not the same on Windows 7 as it is for Windows XP.  I can go through on my computer and setup a dejawint session the way I need (seq #, configuration) and then turn around and log on as a new user (same PC) and it comes back up and asks for me to input the sequence number again.  Bob commented back in one of my earlier posts that an anti-virus may be to blame as it won't allow the sequence # to write to the registry so what I did was uninstalled the AVG corp license I had on the PC and tried again.  Unfortunately no luck.  We found that in Windows 7 there is a Virtual Store area that applications are installed through which is new for Windows 7.  I guess it's purpose is to shield the OS from getting viruses on it through applications.  Good idea but it's messing with how apps, especially legacy applications are installed. 

Any suggestions on an install from what I've mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

-John 

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 19 queries.