ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP Sequence numbers  (Read 1707 times)

Lance

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TCP Sequence numbers
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:57:16 pm »

What I'm looking for is a way to dynamically assign sequence numbers to ice when on when a user logins to the network. What I need to know is there a certain registry key or something that I could use. I use Scriptlogic to run my scripts on the network and it can do pretty much anything I want it to, I'm just having problems figuring this problem out. I know it was able to be done on earlier versions as I've seen it in action, unfortunetly the person that I knew that was using it no longer works for that business. The version of ICE.TCP PLUS I'm using says Build 21 Emulation Version 7.10/32.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP Sequence numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 10:41:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure you cannot do that. I'd like to know what the reasoning is for doing this??

Lance

ICE.TCP Sequence numbers
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:14:23 am »

I've got the 50 user license for ICE.TCP and it's getting to be a pain to keep track of which sequence is assigned to which pc, then if I reload the OS for any reason and forget to confirm the sequence number before the reload I have to end up double/triple checking to make sure I'm not using an active sequence number.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP Sequence numbers
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 03:49:52 pm »

PLUS is designed for workgroup sized installations and we suggest you use a hardcopy method of tracking the used sequence numbers. PRO on the other hand maintains a central database of the sequence numbers in use. The tradeoff is ease of install vs ease of license maintanence.

I asked the main developer and he sees no way to get the sequence number in use other than by using the "sequence number" selection under the file pulldown menu for each client machine.

Lance

ICE.TCP Sequence numbers
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 01:55:38 pm »

That's what I needed to know, not really what I wanted to hear but that's ok too. Anyway thanks for the info.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.