ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Using newest version of ice offsite  (Read 1381 times)

timmaples

• Place Personal Text Here
Using newest version of ice offsite
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:59:17 am »

Our clients have recently purchased Ice-offsite for dial-in communication with Our SCO 5.0.7 severs with external USR V.90 modems. We are using Dell Inspiron 1150 laptops and can not connect with Ice-off site. I can use hyper terminal and connect every time and never with Ice, unless I have a comm port on the back of my laptops to connect an external USR modem to. If I do that it seems to work. I do not have that option anymore because the new laptops do not come with comm ports only USB. I would appreciate any help that you can give us.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Using newest version of ice offsite
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 10:07:55 am »

If your laptop has an internal modem you should be able to use it with current versions of off-site. The "named" modem is also shadowed on standard com ports. Most of the time it's on com3. Try that. If it doesn't work, try the rest (com1, com2, com4). One of them should work.

If your laptop DOESN'T have an internal modem you need a usb-serial adapter like a keyspan for example. They also may the device to a com port but are often not as relaible as a real serial port.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.