ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: TCP-PLUS and Tool Bar missing < >  (Read 1130 times)

sgoode

• Place Personal Text Here
TCP-PLUS and Tool Bar missing < >
« on: May 12, 2004, 06:14:18 pm »

We are upgrading from the 16 bit version of TCP to TCP-PLUS.  We have users that use the arrows at the end of the tool bar < > to navigate between screens.  On the TCP-PLUS I do not see the arrows and are used all day everyday as users have multiple screens opened connected to different warehouses as well as different invocing locations.  Is there was way to put these back or have we made a mistake by trying to upgrade ?

Thanks,

Shane Goode

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:48:13 am »

The  < and > arrows switch between running sessions. The problem is that the old version was 16 bits and all of the sessions could be aware of each other. PLUS is 32 bits and each session has it's own program space so it's not aware of the other running sessions. This is one big reason why 32 bit versions of windows and windows applications are more reliable than 16 bit versions.  I don't see any way to duplicate the 16 bit operation given the current way the application is written. I will check into it more however.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 10:50:54 am by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 02:12:06 pm »

The 16 bit versions were designed to run under windows 3.x which didn't have a taskbar. Since all versions of windows since then have taskbars the < > arrows aren't really useful. You can simply click on the various sessions in the taskbar to get the same effect.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.