ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Moving program from old PC to new PC  (Read 777 times)

cameronj

• Place Personal Text Here
Moving program from old PC to new PC
« on: May 26, 2004, 11:42:45 am »

Hi, I am a new admin helping this company set up a new PC with ICE.  No one here has a clue about this program, and of course neither do I.  The old guy has skipped town.  The problem I have is on the new PC it tells me that there is no licence information in the floppy disk license folder.  I spoke with someone on tech support for a second and she suggested that I needed to somehow remove the license from the old system, but I have no clue how.  I have that older system running now and i am in the configwiz but nothing appears to be the choice I need.  Please help!

Thanks so much!

Cameron

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Moving program from old PC to new PC
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 10:08:09 am »

If you are using Pro, there is/was a PC on your network that does the licenseadmin for the PC's running Pro. This can be any machine, it doesn't have to be a windows server.

You should try to find this machine because it is the one with all of the sequence numbers for the users as well as the licenses that enable those sequences.

One way to try to find it is to go to one of the client PC's with pro installed and in start menu under ICE.TCP Pro the configwizard entry will point to the original license server. You can usually see that by a mouseover or by right clicking on it and doing properties and looking at the shortcut.

If you find that server, run licenseadmin on it and you should be able to see the users.

If not, you will need to designate a new server. Get your licenses together and install the admin portion onto it. After entering your licenses into licenseadmin, run configwizard ON EACH CLIENT MACHINE by BROWSING to the new server share TCP5_USER and then into TCP-Pro and run configwizard to reget the sequence number.

Once you start this process you will have to continue until configwizard has run on all of the client PC's.

There are several other posts in this forum that have more detail on this process if you need it. Also, be SURE the you have a version >=5.0.81 if you will be installing on any win 2k or xp machines (see also other posts on this topic).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:09:11 am by Bob »

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.