ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Error while attempting to drag and drop files with Windows 7 pro 32bit  (Read 1617 times)

jzimmerer

Hi There,

We have a 25 user license and are just implementing our first Windows 7 Pro PC (32 bit). We are running 5.1.28 and when I drag and drop a file from our SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 server, I get the following error:

Error getting the requested file.
A component of the software is either not installed or you did not restart Windows after installing the software.

Please restart Windows and try again.

A folder is left on the desktop (target destination) labeled "ftptree" and a file ftptree.tmp with 0 bytes is left in that folder.

User is a Administrator on that Windows 7 PC, which is authenticated to a Windows server 2003 domain. I have uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled/rebooted with Windows firewall and antivirus deactivated as directed in the only related post I could find in the forums.  Interestingly, if you right-click on a file and select "Get" (or use the pull - down menus), it seems to work fine so it is not a huge problem, but would like to figure it out if possible.  

Any assistance is appreciated.  

John
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:14:19 pm by jzimmerer »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist

The shell extensions FTP-Pro uses to do drag and drop are not supported by Vista and Win7. We have been looking into a fix, I can't give you any time frame as of now.

jzimmerer

Understood.  Thank you for getting back to me.

John

Page created in 0.007 seconds with 14 queries.