ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Desperate SOS, HELP! HELP! PLEASE!!!  (Read 865 times)

sistegraf

Desperate SOS, HELP! HELP! PLEASE!!!
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:59:57 am »

Hello,

I'm desperate because when running an antivirus program ICELP.EXE was deleted. It was in a temp folder. The version we are running is ICE.TCP, not PRO not anything else. In the software boxes we still have the 3.5 floppy disks so you get an idea of the version.

Now no one can print to the Windows machine that has the printer that the UNIX machine uses. Everything is set up except the ICELP.EXE missing.

Please help, should I only re install that little piece of software? Is it in one of the floppy disks? HELP! Please!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Desperate SOS, HELP! HELP! PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:59:17 am »

Hello,

I'm desperate because when running an antivirus program ICELP.EXE was deleted. It was in a temp folder. The version we are running is ICE.TCP, not PRO not anything else. In the software boxes we still have the 3.5 floppy disks so you get an idea of the version.

Now no one can print to the Windows machine that has the printer that the UNIX machine uses. Everything is set up except the ICELP.EXE missing.

Please help, should I only re install that little piece of software? Is it in one of the floppy disks? HELP! Please!

I wouldn't want to disturb the existing systems since we have no way of knowing how old your installations are.
What I would do is to install from the floppies onto a PC you aren't using for your ICE setup, then after installation, copy the ICELP.EXE from the new PC back to the same location on the old PC.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.