ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Need macro to select and print selected item  (Read 2036 times)

lindaruble

Need macro to select and print selected item
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:17:50 am »

Hello,

I would like to automate the task of:

01 Resetting Practice
23/04 Go to the Background Queue
Select a row according to Job ID "LES18"
F5 to go to the Permanent Job Header of "LES18"
Change Job Stat to "Q"
Change Priority to "1"
Hit F1 three times

I have included links to screen shots where I need to make these changes

http://www.printandpixel.com/les.bmp
http://www.printandpixel.com/les2.bmp

Thanks you for your help.

Linda

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Need macro to select and print selected item
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:28:06 am »

You can't do a search of text on the screen with the macro editor. If you unix app allows you to do a search with a keystroke (for example, in vi you use a / to search) then you could use that to step to the Job ID "LES18" line, otherwise, I think you are not going to able to do it with macros. You could break the task into 2 (or more) pieces with the parts requiring only keystrokes assigned to the command bar or macros with your row selection done manually in between them.

lindaruble

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:42 am »

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply.  The most important thing for me to do quickly is to perform a search to select the line quickly and accurately.  You say that this cannot be accomplished with a macro, however, it can be done with a unix app?  I'm kind of a novice so you will have to tell me where this unix app is and how I access it.  Is it part of Telnet Pro?  How do I select the line with a search command? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »

Linda, the application you are running on unix would need to implement a search function.
When you are running Telnet Pro you are using it to access an application on your unix machine. Your keystrokes are sent to that application and Telnet Pro displays the results.
In general, in unix, a forward slash / (on the question mark key) does a text search (like hitting the F3 key in windows) but that doesn't mean your application supports searching, all you can do is try it.
You might also see if there is a manual for the unix application to see if there is a function key for search.

Best of luck.
Bob

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.