ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: reinstalling admin files  (Read 682 times)

basharp23

• Place Personal Text Here
reinstalling admin files
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:12:36 am »

The TCP5 Admin files have disappeared from the network drive so I can't access the licenseadmin file.  If I reinstall the network software is there anything I need to be aware of?  Should I wait until all users are off?  The User folder is still there with the data and license folders intact.  

I just want to make sure users will still have access after I rerun the software.  

Please help me out.  Thanks.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
reinstalling admin files
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:18:22 am »

The TCP5 Admin files have disappeared from the network drive so I can't access the licenseadmin file.  If I reinstall the network software is there anything I need to be aware of?  Should I wait until all users are off?  The User folder is still there with the data and license folders intact.  

I just want to make sure users will still have access after I rerun the software.  

Please help me out.  Thanks.
You can reinstall the admin portion without affecting the running users. Make a backup copy of your license and data folders first and make sure you have the license(s) on hand in case anything goes wrong.

Install the server portion only. Make SURE it's the version you are currently running. If you upgraded using the download DON'T reinstall the server portion by using the original CD!

One you've installed the server portion, licenseadmin will run and you should be able to see your users and licenses. You are done at this point. (if you need to add client PC's make sure to share the TCP5_USER directory as FULL CONTROL for all).

If you can't see the users and licenses,  copy your backup of the license folder back into place and run licenseadmin again. If you STILL get nothing, add the licenses back in. Share the TCP5_USER directory as FULL CONTROL to ALL. Then when NONE of the client PC's are in use, BROWSE to the TCP5_USER share from each of the client PC's and then either:

1) for the PRO client, browse into the TCP-Pro folder, run configwizard.exe and check ONLY the sequence number box.

2) for classic (4.4) client browse into the TCP4-32 folder and run configwizard44.exe
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 10:21:26 am by Bob »

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.