ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Moving Pro Admin to another server machine.  (Read 1303 times)

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Moving Pro Admin to another server machine.
« on: December 23, 2003, 03:15:22 pm »

Q:
I'm presently using ICE.TCP Pro.  The server has Win98 2nd Edition loaded on it.  I want to move the server information to a unit with Win xp or maybe Linux (if supported on your end).  The install instructions say not to install the server twice.  How do I proceed?

A:
The Pro Admin server will not install or run on a Linux system. It must operate on a Windows system.

Install the server on the new computer, according to instructions in the manual. Use the same Company Name and License Keys from the old server (you can cut and paste from the old LicenseAdmin program to the new one).

Remove the old Pro Admin server (TCP5_User folder) from network sharing. Make sure the TCP5_User folder on the new server has network sharing.

Then reinstall the user portion on every user's computer by mapping to the server computer, according to instruction manual.

When the new server has been confirmed as running properly, delete the TCP5_User folder on the old server entirely, to make sure it is not accidentally used in the future (this would generate sequence conflicts that maybe very difficult to diagnose and resolve).

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 21 queries.