ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: administrative rights  (Read 676 times)

dclark

• Place Personal Text Here
administrative rights
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:08:03 am »

A Client machine went down. when we did a re-install of windows 2000 and tried to install ice. It says "You need administrative rights to assign sequence number"
I am not sure what more rights i need. I have complete rights to everything. Does anyone know what rights it is referring to. thanks for the help

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
administrative rights
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:56:37 am »

If you are installing as a user with administrative rights on a CLEAN machine (a machine which never had a version older than 5.0.81 on it) you should not get this  message.

If this is that case and you are still getting this message I assume it's because you are installing an older version even though you think you are not. You should be doing a network install from your licenseadmin server by browsing to the TCP5_USER share on the machine where you setup the licenseadmin server and running setup.exe (remember the TCP5_USER share MUST be full control permissions for ALL users). That machine with the licenseadmin server should have the current version installed on it. If it does not then you will not be able to successfully get a sequence number. In other words, if you just try to install the update on your win2k PC and the licenseadmin server still has a version older than 5.0.81 on it you will not be able to get a sequence number. If this is the case, update your licenseadmin server before you do a network install. See other posts for more details on updating the licenseadmin server.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:50:48 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 17 queries.