ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: License Admin  (Read 817 times)

boydster

• Place Personal Text Here
License Admin
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:44:10 am »

I hope this is not a big problem but if somebody could elaborate ?

I have been installing ice tcp pro at 12 different sites (100 user copy) because all sites do not authenticate to the same win2k server I have been carrying around a floppy disk with configwizard, and the license file. On my last few install atempts , I nticed that I was getting an error message "licese file not found". Im not sure what the issue is ? I checked the license file on the floppy and it is only 2k in size (which does'nt seem right) I suspect that over the last nine months I have installed it on a 100 machines, but I ma not sure... Does the file purge after it has reached 100 installs ???

I want to install a few more copies. If the file has become corrupt, can I restore it ? Will I get sequnce error issues ???

Thank you much!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
License Admin
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 09:37:24 am »

You should have had the license folder, configwizard.exe and the data folder on the floppy. It sounds like you are out of users. The way to find out is to copy the folder back from the floppy to the licenseadmin machine (which syncs the two license folders) and run licenseadmin on the licenseadmin server. Note that you SHOULD have been doing this all along OR you will have 2 unsynced license folders, which is a recipe for trouble (duplicate sequence numbers).

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.