ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Installation Problem  (Read 1404 times)

Blue_Horseshoe

• I'm a llama!
Installation Problem
« on: December 26, 2003, 04:28:18 pm »

I am attempting to install ICE.TCP Pro v5.1.09 client on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP.  While the installation of the software goes through just fine, I am having serious trouble trying to get Config Wizard to assign a sequence number.  Once I am in the sequence number screen, enter the user name and some comments, I click "next", and nothing happens.  Nothing at all.  I can cancel, I can go back, but clicking "next" does not take me to the configuration selection screen.  We have tried adding the user manually in the License Manager, but still cannot get the software to run (I get the "license not found, run Config Wizard" message).  I do not get an error message on the sequence number screen, and the site still has 3 available licenses left to use, so I know they are not out of licenses.  The server is running v5.0.38, but they currently have 3 XP machines running with v5.1.09 client already (not installed by me), and, despite my pleas, do not want to update the server side because of this.  This obviously worked for my predecessor, can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong ?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 09:17:30 am »

I am attempting to install ICE.TCP Pro v5.1.09 client on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP.  While the installation of the software goes through just fine, I am having serious trouble trying to get Config Wizard to assign a sequence number.  Once I am in the sequence number screen, enter the user name and some comments, I click "next", and nothing happens.  Nothing at all.  I can cancel, I can go back, but clicking "next" does not take me to the configuration selection screen.  We have tried adding the user manually in the License Manager, but still cannot get the software to run (I get the "license not found, run Config Wizard" message).  I do not get an error message on the sequence number screen, and the site still has 3 available licenses left to use, so I know they are not out of licenses.  The server is running v5.0.38, but they currently have 3 XP machines running with v5.1.09 client already (not installed by me), and, despite my pleas, do not want to update the server side because of this.  This obviously worked for my predecessor, can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong ?

Since the server side is static (it's only needed to GET a valid sequence number), the update of the server side will not mess up the other clients. You could simply reserve the existing sequence numbers in the new server, you wouldn't HAVE to run configwizard and update all of the clients though we would still recommend that.

The other possibility is that you cannot WRITE to the license folder. To test this, on the new client machine, BROWSE to the TCP5_USER/Licenses folder and try to create a new folder in it (right-click new -> folder). It that fails it explains why you cannot get a sequence number. The TCP5_USER share MUST be read-write when you are trying to get a sequence number.

When you are sure the Licenses folder is writable, BROWSE (don't MAP) to the Tcp-Pro directory on the admin server and try running configwizard again.

Finally, you cannot reserve a sequence number in the license admin and get a sequence number for the client that way. The client machine MUST be able to get one by running configwizard.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.