ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: slow scroll and sequence numbers  (Read 1106 times)

eye

• I'm a llama!
slow scroll and sequence numbers
« on: August 16, 2004, 08:22:46 pm »

IceTcp Plus screen only scrolls one line at a time after
I reloaded win XP.  I have changed configuration but
it makes no difference.  I have reloaded ICE TCP PLUS several time - made no difference.  One thing I have noticed is that evertime I reload I feel that it is not a clean install as it knows the IP address before I have configured it.  

Also I have an issue on re-using the sequence numbers when I bring a a new machine to replace and existing one - if doesn't seem to want to re-use the old number.
Hope someone can help! :)

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:31:02 am »

IceTcp Plus screen only scrolls one line at a time after
I reloaded win XP.  I have changed configuration but
it makes no difference.  I have reloaded ICE TCP PLUS several time - made no difference.  One thing I have noticed is that evertime I reload I feel that it is not a clean install as it knows the IP address before I have configured it.  
The reinstall will not delete the preexisting registry entries. That is where a fair amout of stuff is stored.
Also I have an issue on re-using the sequence numbers when I bring a a new machine to replace and existing one - if doesn't seem to want to re-use the old number.
Hope someone can help! :)
Try using regedit to delete these folders (the J.River ones) HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->J.River and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->J.River and reinstall PLUS.

You really shouldn't have any trouble changing the sequence number, of course you can't use one that's already in use.
Also note that you should do the install and configwizard as an administrative user of the computer. You can then run it as any other user.

eye

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 05:44:46 pm »

I have tried removing the entries from Regedit and
re installed it and it still knows the Host Identification and Host IP Address

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 10:06:48 am »

The rest of the info is stored in the ICETCPPLUS.INI file which NORMALLY resides in the windows system directory (i.e. c:\windows  or c:\winnt). If you remove that file you will delete the rest of the old settings.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.