ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: New Licenses  (Read 1148 times)

4way

• Place Personal Text Here
New Licenses
« on: September 14, 2004, 06:30:01 pm »

I'm having trouble getting the 5 new licenses just purchased to connect to the Unix system.  The startup screen comes up for a moment then an error screen and blank.  What I can see in the flash of an eye is referring to an unexpected condition, socket is not connected, 111 reading file user/sbclib/stmap among other things.  The original 5 licenses have no trouble logging in at all.  All have the same network settings, some Win98, some XP.  Config Wizard assigned all OK.  Is there something else I need to get them working?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
New Licenses
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 09:08:18 am »

Are you running with the same iceadmin server and on the same windows OS version and the same version of PRO?
Can you give me more details about this? If everything is the same, try MS telnet to see if you can connect to the host at all.

start->run

type in telnet 1.2.3.4  (change 1.2.3.4 to your hosts ip address)
and hit enter.

See if you get a login.

4way

New Licenses
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:17:50 am »

Yes all the licenses are on the same server running XP with version 5.1.21  I've tried telnet and got the login screen, once logged in though it still loses the connection.  Is there something that needs to be set up in the SCO OpenServer by chance?  

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
New Licenses
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 10:30:35 am »

Sounds like you are out of licenses on the SCO machine (the number of licenses for your copy of SCO Unix is counted against by the number of user logins you currently have). If you think this isn't the case, there could be something in the user profile when you log in or the machine is out of resources (perhaps needing a reboot). But I suspect you are seeing a SCO licensing issue.

4way

New Licenses
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:39:40 am »

We have 8 licenses to use at any one time and it usually gives us a message if all are logged in to say we have exceeded our limit.  I did a reboot the other day and it did not make a difference.  I might try a refresh on the database to see if this works and check to see if the users need to be set up in SCO somehow.  This was not done for the original 5 so I don't see why it should need to be done now.

4way

New Licenses
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 05:24:06 pm »

I talked to our support people for the SCO OpenServer and it had to do with the IP addresses not added to the Host file.  It seems to work OK now.  Thanks anyway.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
New Licenses
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 10:13:36 am »

You probably don't have a DNS for your fake addresses and the login was timing out. Glad you figured it out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 10:14:32 am by Bob »

Page created in 0.008 seconds with 20 queries.