ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Telnet Pro emulation problems  (Read 766 times)

stanr

• Place Personal Text Here
Telnet Pro emulation problems
« on: September 22, 2004, 08:40:18 am »

I'm using Telnet Pro v 5.1.07. The profile is set to use Wyse60 (25 Line) emulation.

I am having problems with graphic characters. When displaying the characters to display a box (i.e. 4 corners, the horizontal line and vertical line characters) the box displays properly when displayed on a dumb Wyse55 terminal connected directly to our Unix system but displays with strange characters when on a Telnet Pro session.

For example, the character sequence used to display a graphical horizontal line character is "ESC H :"
This displays correctly on a dumb Wyse55  terminal but displays as a capital "A" with two dots over it on Telnet Pro.

What should I do to configure Telnet Pro to display characters the same way that they display on a dumb Wyse terminal?

Thanks in advance.
Stan

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Telnet Pro emulation problems
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 10:50:42 am »

Use wyse60 24 lines, that is the terminal default and as most unix machines don't know what a wyse60-25 is, you will probably not get what you want by setting to 25 lines to start with.

If an application needs 25 lines IT will change the emulator with an esc sequence.

Also, I've never heard of a wyse 55. I DO know that a wyse 50 is not completely compatable with a wyse60.

Page created in 0.008 seconds with 20 queries.