ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: FTP-PRO: 5.0.80 Timed out  (Read 2247 times)

asze

• Place Personal Text Here
FTP-PRO: 5.0.80 Timed out
« on: November 05, 2004, 10:27:56 am »

I have multiple remote sites that sit behind a Cisco 2600 router. I use FTP Pro in my corporate network to connect to the SCO boxes in the remote sites. It was working fine untill yesterday afternoon when all of a sudden no one was able to connect anymore. All sites return a connection timed out. Every once in a while we'll get past that and it'll show a list of folders but then it drops again. I know it's not my data line or my router, because we monitored the line and checked the log on the router for blocked packets. We went as far as rebooting all of the routers to be sure.

Does anyone have any clue on why this is?

THANKS

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 10:49:37 am »

Your firewall probably DID change or the one on the other side did. Nothing else would explain all of the computers not working at the same time.

You could try passive mode in ftp. See the second post in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=313

asze

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 12:09:28 pm »

thanks for your response:

I logged into SCO and did a netstat and it's showing my IP address connected via port 21.  I also did a netstat on my PC and its showing the same. So I know I have a solid connection. I did a constant ping to do some prelim data line testing and I didn't drop a single packet in the last 30 minutes. All of the routers are now showing any denied packets.

If I stay persistent and refresh the screen over and over again, it'll eventually pull up.

Lost and confused on this one...

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 12:23:18 pm »

Port 21 is the control port. There are TWO ports used in ftp. The data port (which is used for directory listings and moving files) uses port 20 on ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER. The side that uses 20 is determined by the PASSIVE setting.

asze

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 12:35:08 pm »

I'm able to do a File Transfer just fine from Command Line...

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 12:40:53 pm »

Try it with passive on and off and look for a difference. There isn't much else I can suggest after that. The fact that it stopped working on multiple PC's at once points at the server (updated ftp server??) or  the 2 intervening firewalls.

asze

Re:FTP-PRO: 5.0.80 Timed out
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 12:54:26 pm »

I went back and forth from passive to active w/ no luck. Still hangs. I even went as far as reinstalling....

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.