ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Mouse arrow behaviour  (Read 1837 times)

welshlady

• Place Personal Text Here
Mouse arrow behaviour
« on: February 01, 2005, 02:57:22 am »

Hi
I've recently moved to Telnet Pro v5.1.25, running on Windows 2000.
We use the links facility a fair bit but I have noticed with this newer version that when the mouse arrow is moved over a link it disappears. If you then click and hold the left mouse button it reappears until you release the mouse button and then its gone again.
Is there anyway of sorting this out?
Thanks

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 09:27:16 am »

Works fine for me on win2k with and without link underline turned on. Perhaps something has modified the hand cursor on your system??

welshlady

Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:54:26 am »

It does exactly the same thing on my colleagues win 2k machine also. We both installed Telnet Pro v5.1.25 the same day and had both been running v5.0.81 prior to the install. Also it doesn't do this on any other programs just Telnet Pro. With or without the link underline on, as I move my mouse arrow over the screen the moment it gets to the link it disappears.
I've also checked my mouse properties and my link select is a hand icon.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 10:38:08 pm »

Are you using keyboard shortcut keys to move in and out of PRO?
If so, try using the mouse instead and tell me if it makes any difference.

It's pretty hard to figure out what problem you are having since I can't duplicate it.

welshlady

Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 06:35:20 am »

Doesn't make any difference whether I use shortcut keys or the mouse to move in and out of PRO.
When I hover over the link nothing, when I click and hold the left mouse button while over the link the arrow cursor shows until I release the mouse button, no sign of the hand cursor at all.

Are there any registry settings that you can think of that might affect the mouse behaviour for PRO?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 09:27:18 am »

There aren't any registry settings that should affect the cursor. The main difference between the current version and the older version is that the current version is statically linked to the library mfc42.dll. I don't know why that should make any difference on your particular machine, it actually should make there be LESS differences between machines.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 11:07:28 am »

One idea someone here came up with that might explain why I can't reproduce the problem concerns custom mouse drivers. Some packagers (like logitech) have third party mouse drivers that have some control over the displayed cursors, button actions, etc. If you have one of these, you could look for an updated driver or try a standard mouse to see if the problem goes away

welshlady

Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 09:28:23 am »

I use a standard mouse and the standard microsoft drivers. Looked to see if there were any updates available for this driver but there weren't. If you get any other ideas please let me know.
Thanks.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 10:10:58 am »

You could try the version just before the static link.
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/pro112user.zip
You can just install that over the current version. When you get to configwizard, just cancel out.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

If you have trouble with the 5.1.12 version:
You can reinstall the newer version by again reinstalling back over this 5.1.12 version and again just cancel out of configwizard.

welshlady

Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 04:22:46 am »

Installing v5.1.12 over the top has fixed the problem, the hand cursor now appears when hovering over a link.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Mouse arrow behaviour
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:27:35 am »

Interesting but weird. Thanks for the report back. We'll see if it's an issue we can change in the next version.

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 14 queries.