ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: I am stumped  (Read 1585 times)

signman

• Place Personal Text Here
I am stumped
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:38:01 pm »

I am using ICE-TEN for serial application. I have been using this software on this PC for several months. Then one day it will not load because of the following message. 16 Bit Windows Sub System  C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications Choose "CLOSE" to terminate this application. When i click on Dejawin to run, this message come up, I have tried to uninstall this software and it still comes up with this message for uninstall too. Like I stated before, this software had been running on this PC and now it is not, any suggestions?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
I am stumped
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:40:47 pm »

It sounds like you are running a 16 bit version and your windows did an update which killed some functionality of the 16 bit version.

If you think you have a 32 bit version, reinstall it. Otherwise you probably have to update to a 32 bit version.

signman

How do I uninstall the 16 bit?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:45:52 pm »

When attempting to uninstall the 16 bit version i get this error message and it will not allow me to even access the uninstall, it just closes the application.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
I am stumped
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 02:49:31 pm »

Right, the 16 bit version has a 16 bit uninstall  ;)

You don't really have to formally remove it. Just delete any desktop shortcuts for it, remove it from the start menu and trash the ice.tcp folder under program files if you want to remove it from the machine. Since the 16 bit version doesn't use the registry that will get rid of it.

ryno

I am stumped
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 02:01:13 pm »

OK.  I have this exact same problem.

How do i update to a 32 bit version??  

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
I am stumped
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 07:57:11 am »

contact sales at 612-677-8200

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.