ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Install ICE.TCP  (Read 1539 times)

parkerplant

• Place Personal Text Here
Install ICE.TCP
« on: January 29, 2004, 08:25:34 am »

Hi!

We have ICE.TCP version 4.3.1 installed on a PC (we have a 5-client license, and I think all licenses are taken up) to connect to a UNIX server, but would like to take it off that PC and install it on a laptop running Windows 2000 Pro.

Can you provide easy step-by-step instructions on how we can do this please?

If you've any questions, please let me know.

Adrian Johnson

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Install ICE.TCP
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 12:17:38 pm »

http://www.jriver.com/products/compatibility.html

4.3.1 isn't supported on Windows versions >98se. Also note that support for 4.3.1 will end on January 31 2004. The best path is to update to ICE.TCP.PLUS.

That said, you can probably just use add/remove programs to unistall it from the old machine and install it on the 2k machine.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 02:04:38 pm by Bob »

niake

• Place Personal Text Here
Install ICE.TCP
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 07:21:44 am »

Is there a posibility tu update from 4.3.1 to 4.4?
I searched the site, but found nothing about that. Or is there also no more support for 4.4?

4.3.1 works fine with W2k and XP, only a few probs with some keys like <Alt Gr>. The only thing is, that IceLP cannot be started automatically with autostart. You have to open ICE.TCP and start IceLP manually. Otherwise IceLP causes a GPF.
I suppose, the whole thing is about the 16-bit of the 4.3.1-IceLP.

Or is there a workaround to use a 32-bit IceLP with 4.3.1
We have here a 25-user-license and it would be very expensive to update/upgrade just because of 3 or 4 XP-machines.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Install ICE.TCP
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 11:33:22 am »

Is there a posibility tu update from 4.3.1 to 4.4?
I searched the site, but found nothing about that. Or is there also no more support for 4.4?
4.4 is part of PRO (4.4 is the classic client in PRO which also has the newer 5.1 client). PLUS is fully 32 bit and uses the classic client with traditional 4.3 style licensing.

There is a discount for upgrading 4.3.1 16 bit to PLUS. Call sales for more info. (612-677-8200)
4.3.1 works fine with W2k and XP, only a few probs with some keys like <Alt Gr>. The only thing is, that IceLP cannot be started automatically with autostart. You have to open ICE.TCP and start IceLP manually. Otherwise IceLP causes a GPF.
I suppose, the whole thing is about the 16-bit of the 4.3.1-IceLP.
Probably. The 16 bit support in newer versions of windows is getting to be less reliable. They will probably phase it out in some future version of windows.
Or is there a workaround to use a 32-bit IceLP with 4.3.1
We have here a 25-user-license and it would be very expensive to update/upgrade just because of 3 or 4 XP-machines.
Sine the PLUS licensing is not exactly the same as 4.3.1 you could just get PLUS for the XP machines you have (say a 5 user) instead of upgrading all of your users.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.