ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Printing Problem ICElp error  (Read 816 times)

mwearl

• Place Personal Text Here
Printing Problem ICElp error
« on: April 07, 2005, 08:09:18 pm »

Greetings,

I have a client who has a standalone XP sp2 PC connecting to a Solutions unix server printing back to a ML320 printer on lpt1.  Randomly when trying to print (and sometimes just when being in the telnet session), they get an error "Unix Host [ip address ]  Does Not Reply Or Wrong Socket Number 2346.

Solutions removed the printers and re-added in which case it stopped printing completely.  I tried everything and eventually rolled back PC which undid the change, but still have the print error at least 25% of the time.

I have disabled all software firewalls and even DMZ'ed the router for this workstation and allowed anonymous WAN requests, but still have the problem.  I have firmware updated the Linksys Router.

My gut feeling is that there is some security enhancement in SP2 that causes this problem, but I have not been able to find a solution.  Ping rates and tracerouts show a very quick 74ms average in 9 hops.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Printing Problem ICElp error
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:10:42 am »

It looks like your connection isn't up 100% of the time or that your unix machine is overloaded and isn't responding quick enough. You could try increasing the poll interval. I don't think the problem is related to the routers because of the simplicity of the connect method.

You could run network toolbox, run a ping test, change the options to 1800 packets to send, 500 packet size, 1000 ms timeout between packets. This will run for 1/2 hour. Check the results when it finishes. Ideally you want 100% replies, 0 packets lost.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.