ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: DejaVu 4.4 - FTP PROBLEMS!  (Read 811 times)

astout

• Place Personal Text Here
    • Krause Corporation
DejaVu 4.4 - FTP PROBLEMS!
« on: April 25, 2005, 10:59:04 am »

when I connect via FTP to our Unix server (HP-UX 10.2) I don't get any files showing up on the RIGHT side of the FTP application.  When I double click on the .. to move up a directory I get this error: "Couldn't open the Temporary Directory File for reading".  Please help me as soon as you can!  by the way, I can log in under the admin profile and it works fine, but if I got back to logging in as the user who is having problems, I get this same error again.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled already also.  Please feel free to email me at: astout@krauseco.com ???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 11:25:44 am »

If you can log in as the root user and there is no problem that means the ftp server/client is working ok so if there is trouble it's related to the user login.

I would check to see if that users account on the unix machine has the proper permissions (like it has to be writeable by that user so they can create the temporary file that has the directory listing in it).

astout

• Place Personal Text Here
    • Krause Corporation
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:47:45 am »

The strange thing is - he was working fine logging in via a Citrix client and running ice.tcp from there.  He was logging in using the same user ID also.  I checked his account settings and ownership of his user directory and nothing looks out of whack......

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:53:09 pm »

PRO has ftp pro as well as ftp win. Maybe you could try the FtpPro to see if you get a different result?
Just install the Pro client and you will see Ftp Pro in the start menu.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 12:54:27 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 20 queries.