ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ucopy error  (Read 1286 times)

jhilton

• Place Personal Text Here
ucopy error
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:28:34 pm »

when doing a ucopy function the error "ls -1" occurs when the correct unix command should be "ls -l" where is this command being generated from so I can fix it? This is in ICE.TEN V4.2 SO SORRY. thanks

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ucopy error
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 02:28:45 pm »

when doing a ucopy function the error "ls -1" occurs when the correct unix command should be "ls -l" where is this command being generated from so I can fix it? This is in ICE.TEN V4.2 SO SORRY. thanks
ls -1 is actually correct. ls -1 does a listing all in one column with no details.
It appears that your version of unix ls doesn't support the -1 flag (you didn't say what version that was).
You could get a newer version of ls. The GNU ls command supports the -1 option.
You could also do something like this:
(assuming your ls is in /bin and you are logged in as root)
cd /bin
mv ls ls.bin
cat >ls
#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" -o "$1" = "-1" ]
then
   ls.bin
else
   ls.bin $*
fi
after hitting enter after fi, hit control-d which writes out the new ls command
chmod 755 ls

then test it out

ls -1

should work.

If you don't want to replace the ls command in /bin, create your ls command and change the users path to execute it first. (like put the ls script in /usr/local/bin and change the PATH variable on login to go to /usr/local/bin first then modify the script above slightly):

#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" -o "$1" = "-1" ]
then
   /bin/ls
else
   /bin/ls $*
fi

jhilton

• Place Personal Text Here
ucopy error
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 03:03:03 pm »

I guess I really was not very clear on what I was looking for. Where are the commands "pwd, cd, ls" in the UCOPY module ? I have in the distant past changed the ls -a to the ls -l parameter that our unix os requires. Just can't find where I did that at!!! Thanks for all your help.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ucopy error
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 03:23:09 pm »

It's not alterable in the current version as far as I can tell and we don't support the 16 bit stuff any more. I think in the DOS version it may have been posible to specify it in the ucopy.dat file.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.