ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICETCP5 Format Settings on Multiple Machines  (Read 1515 times)

acooley

• Place Personal Text Here
ICETCP5 Format Settings on Multiple Machines
« on: June 23, 2005, 04:29:34 pm »

We are currently rolling out ICETCP5 to around 200 computers, but a foreground color, font and emulator setting needs to be consistent on all machines.  

My hope is there is a single file or files which are saved after a configuration change on one machine I can then push as a package to all machines to update them.  I have looked at a local machine for the file, but am unable to find what I need under "c:\program files\ice.tcp" or "c:\program files\jriver\icetcp5".

If you could point me to the file I would appreciate it.  I have been given only today to find this change or I am expected to hit each machine manually.

Thank you for your help in advance.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re:ICETCP5 Format Settings on Multiple Machines
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:23:05 pm »

This may be posted in the wrong section, if it's the Plus product then where is no easy way to do it. If it's Pro, there is a way to export the default profile on the admin machine so that all users get the revised profile. this is described in the manual.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICETCP5 Format Settings on Multiple Machines
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 09:47:43 pm »

Actually, with PLUS or 4.4 I think you could actually just push the .ini file to each PC. It's in the Windows directory on your PC and will be something like icetcpplus.ini.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.