ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Telnet License Tracking  (Read 990 times)

charlieb

• Place Personal Text Here
Telnet License Tracking
« on: September 02, 2005, 11:12:48 am »

Hi, is there any way in which I may be able to track what telnet licenses are active any any given moment, or to track what licenses are or were inactive for a certain period of time.

Issue: Currently, I have installed 135 licenses.......and over time the names of machines here have changed, or the machine was removed from use or whatever, and I now can't tell what of that 135 are still in use.  I don't want to resort to purchasing new licenses when I may not need to.  Is there a way I can tell what licenses are still being used?  I'd appreicaite any given assistance.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Telnet License Tracking
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 08:17:14 pm »

If you run licenseadmin on the machine acting as the PRO license server you can see the users in the users tab. With recent versions of TelnetPro you can also look in the registry as detailed here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=512

If your version of PRO doesn't show the sequence info you can update it pretty painlessly as long as your version is 5.0.81 or above. (Help -> Version info)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:35:34 pm by Bob »

charlieb

Telnet License Tracking
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:51:09 am »

Firsty, thanks for the reply.....now I get what ur saying but, will that be able to tell me what licenses are or have been inactive or a certain period.  I ran license admin before, it just lets me know who the respective e, it would make things much easier.

Thanks again, and again I'll appreciate any further assistance.

charlieb

Telnet License Tracking
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:55:19 am »

Firsty, thanks for the reply.....now I get what ur saying but, will that be able to tell me what licenses are or have been inactive or a certain period.  I ran license admin before, it just lets me know who the respective users are and thier respective sequence number, but not exactly what I wish to know.

I'm trying to avoid the painful task of re-running config-wizard on all the 100 plus machines, thus renaming all machines and users on license admin respectively, in an effort to be better able to track all my licenses.  If there was a way where I can just know what licenses of the ones already installed are or have been inactive for a while, it would make things much easier.

Thanks again, and again I'll appreciate any further assistance.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Telnet License Tracking
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:52:31 am »

Since the licenses are static, there is no tracking of usage. The only thing you could do in licenseadmin would be to compare the machine/user names to ones you know are active. The registry trick gives you the info you want to know on a pc by pc basis but only if you have a current version.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 21 queries.