ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE Server died  (Read 939 times)

bnsweev

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE Server died
« on: September 16, 2005, 09:17:52 am »

I have a customer whose ICE Server died on them and of course they do not have backups of the licence data.  They have reinstalled ICE on that machine, but are unable to retrive the licence data.  How can I fix this?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE Server died
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:22:15 am »

On the replacement server you need to share the TCP5_USER folder as full control (writable) for everyone. Then have each active user BROWSE from their PC to that share then into either TCP-Pro or TCP4-32 depending on whether they are running the 5.1 client or the classic client. Once in the appropriate folder, run configwizard (or configwizard44) click OK, uncheck the "configuration profile" option and hit next, then enter a user name AND comment and hit finish. This will reregister them in the licenseadmin server. You will need to do this on all PC's, one at a time without running PRO on any of the relicensed machines until all of the PC's are relicensed.

You must NOT be running mixed versions (everything has to be either older or newer than 5.0.81)

bnsweev

ICE Server died
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:06:41 pm »

Bob,

I just called the customer to have them try your suggestion but it seems they aren't even getting past the Licence Admin while installing it, at that screen it tells them total number of authorized users is 0 of which 0 is avalible.

Like I said before they did not have thier licence folder backed up.   I am not sure where to go from here to restore thier licences.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE Server died
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 01:28:12 pm »

You need your company name and license, they are tied together. The company name must be exactly as entered when the license was obtained. You can get them from the call desk if you haven't already.

Once you have licenseadmin accpeting that you can proceed with the instructions above.

bnsweev

Re:ICE Server died
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 01:38:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply, They have the Key but I guess it is blury so I will have them call if they can't read it.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 20 queries.