ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Error received when logging into ICE-TCPpro. "New Session Failed"  (Read 1878 times)

slepage

We've found that when users log in too slow we receive the error "New Session Failed".  We've proven that it is when a user types their password too slow.  Are there any timeout settings that would allow a user more time to enter their password?  Here are some notes from our development team.  Let me know if you need more information.

Note:

It has been said recently that we will be getting updated ICETCP/TELNET PRO software and installing on Citric server

Comment from our SAs:

This looks like it is an issue with ICETCP/TELNETPR. A support call needs to be opened with ICETCP:/TELNET pro. We need to know if there is a configuration file that sets session time. This is a Citrix published app so any changes will need to be made on the Citrix server. I have been told that management of Advantage Citrix Apps has been turned over to Advantage.

Let me know if there is any further help you need to get this resolved. I am going to see if I can work a little with Windows and see if we can find the config file.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Error received when logging into ICE-TCPpro. "New Session Failed"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:58 am »

We've found that when users log in too slow we receive the error "New Session Failed".  We've proven that it is when a user types their password too slow.  Are there any timeout settings that would allow a user more time to enter their password?  Here are some notes from our development team.  Let me know if you need more information.

Note:

It has been said recently that we will be getting updated ICETCP/TELNET PRO software and installing on Citric server

Comment from our SAs:

This looks like it is an issue with ICETCP/TELNETPR. A support call needs to be opened with ICETCP:/TELNET pro. We need to know if there is a configuration file that sets session time. This is a Citrix published app so any changes will need to be made on the Citrix server. I have been told that management of Advantage Citrix Apps has been turned over to Advantage.

Let me know if there is any further help you need to get this resolved. I am going to see if I can work a little with Windows and see if we can find the config file.
Telnet Pro will wait forever for the other side, it will not timeout a connection.

The timeout is generally set on the Unix/Linux end.
After a certain period of time the server will simply close the connection if the password isn't entered.
The other place a timer can be set is in the router or ISP. They will close down connections in the NAT table after a certain period of time when there is no activity.
That is what the keepalive timer MC is for, keeping the connection alive and preventing the router/ISP from closing the connection. Even with the keepalive in MC on however the unix/linux side will still close a connection if the user waits too long to enter a password.

I would look into tuning this to your desired value on the unix/linux side.

slepage

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:16 am »

Regarding Telnet Pro version 5.1.30

Reply from our System Admins:

It is not an issue if if we use telnet . it is only an issue where the ssh box is checked. We have no issus connecting using Putty, or other microsoft tools. It is only an isuse when we try to establish a ssh connection through telnet pro.

One thing i noticed operationaly is when establishing a connection with telnet a terminal window is opened and an authentication dialogue is opened with the server itself. When using ssh through telnetpro a popup window is dispalyed with fields to enter user name and password. It is the data entry into those fields intermal to telnet pro that is timing out , NOT the connection to the server."

slepage

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:23:09 pm »

Has anyone had a chance to look at my last update on February 14? 

Posted by: slepage
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:16 am »

Regarding Telnet Pro version 5.1.30

Reply from our System Admins:

It is not an issue if we use telnet . it is only an issue where the ssh box is checked. We have no issues connecting using Putty, or other microsoft tools. It is only an issue when we try to establish a ssh connection through telnet pro.

One thing i noticed operationally is when establishing a connection with telnet a terminal window is opened and an authentication dialogue is opened with the server itself. When using ssh through telnetpro a popup window is displayed with fields to enter user name and password. It is the data entry into those fields internal to telnet pro that is timing out , NOT the connection to the server."

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Error received when logging into ICE-TCP pro. "New Session Failed"
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:15:41 am »

I have verified the behavior.
I don't have a time frame for a change at this time.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.