ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Freeing up a sequence number  (Read 1499 times)

gilbert06

• Place Personal Text Here
Freeing up a sequence number
« on: September 23, 2005, 11:46:35 am »

I went into license admin, and deleted a user to free up a license, but when I go back to the PC and try to add the sequence number, it tells me the number is not valid

20 license user

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Freeing up a sequence number
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 01:23:07 pm »

It seems like you are mixing products.  ICETCP Plus does not have a license admin program; or any centeralized administration of sequence numbers. To free up a sequence number in Plus, you must go to the computer that us currently assigned the number and uninstall the program.

ICETCP Pro does have a License Admin program, but you cannot put in a specific sequence number in the client portion (TelnetPro). You run config wizard on the client machine and it gets the next available sequence number from the server machine (where license admin runs).

Do you have both Plus and Pro in your site?

gilbert06

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:26:10 am »

Yes I am running Plus, and Pro, I kinda walked into this, and it was handed to me, nobody has any documentation, nor a clue, you cleared up alot for me and I thank you.

My only problem now is, I can't figure out how to set up a pro Machine, with DejaWinT, the copy they got on the server does not have DejaWinT, and when I direct it to the license folder it says its invalid. I beleive the version of Pro is 5.1

Can we get a upgrade price on Plus, as far as licensing goes? this would simplify things a whole lot.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 01:30:14 pm »

You can download the Pro documentation anytime from our website, in the Pro section of the Ice Products page. You can even download the latest version from the same place-- it's called trialware, but it also serves as and product update for customers with existing (permanent) Pro licenses.

In Pro the main program is not called Dejawint; it's called TelnetPro.exe

I'm not familiar with the pricing of our products, you can either check our website for pricing, or call our main number and the person who answers should be able to give you all the pricing info.

Jim

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 08:34:32 am »

In Pro the main program is not called Dejawint; it's called TelnetPro.exe

Unless you are using classic in PRO in which case the program is in the start menu under all programs -> ICE.TCP 4.4 32 bit -> DejaWinT

Page created in 0.007 seconds with 22 queries.