ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Trouble setting up new License Server/Data files  (Read 691 times)

kishaug

• Place Personal Text Here
Trouble setting up new License Server/Data files
« on: October 06, 2005, 05:18:13 pm »

I am killing our old license server (old windows 98 to new windows XP pro) and have had success tranferring the license data, but can't get the user data to transfer.  I have copied the file several times, looked at everything from read/write access to where the path of the file was on the old server and made it the same on the new one.  Also having a terrible time setting up our new XP Pro PCs, help Bob!

Kevin

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Trouble setting up new License Server/Data files
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:28:52 am »

Hi Kevin,

If you have transfered the licenses, when you run licenseadmin on the new server you see the users right??

The TCP5_USER share HAS to be writable for users trying to install. The best way to install is to BROWSE to that share on the new server and run the setup there. You can test to see if the permissions are correct by trying to create a new folder or put a file temporarily into the licenses directory in the TCP5_USER share. If that works you should be able to do an install properly. If it fails with a permission error you will not.

What version are you installing?? Is it from an old CD?? Best to install the latest version, you may be seeing problems related to a 5.0.80 or older server version mixed with a newer version. You really need 5.1 to work right on XP.

The current versions have the direct print feature that you use for the POS. Check these:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=306
http://www.icetcp.com/products/download.html

Let me know what you find...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:30:58 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.