ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: LOGIN OVER WIRELESS MODEM  (Read 3581 times)

MTRDOC

• Place Personal Text Here
LOGIN OVER WIRELESS MODEM
« on: February 06, 2004, 08:53:15 am »

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A SONY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS XP, THIS COMPUTER WORKED WITH THE OLD VERSION OF ICE.TEN 4.2 OVER A PHONE MODEM. BUT I INSTALLED A SPRINT PCS CARD INTO THIS LAPTOP BUT I CANNOT GET ICE.TEN TO RECONGIZE THE PCS CARD.
 MY QUESTION IS HOW TO USE THESE TWO TOGETHER?

SINGED
JIM ARMAN

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 12:32:39 pm »

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A SONY LAPTOP RUNNING WINDOWS XP, THIS COMPUTER WORKED WITH THE OLD VERSION OF ICE.TEN 4.2 OVER A PHONE MODEM. BUT I INSTALLED A SPRINT PCS CARD INTO THIS LAPTOP BUT I CANNOT GET ICE.TEN TO RECONGIZE THE PCS CARD.
 MY QUESTION IS HOW TO USE THESE TWO TOGETHER?

SINGED
JIM ARMAN
4.2 isn't supported any longer. It's probably a 16 bit vs 32 bit problem. You also need to note that ICE.TEN requires COM ports and the PCS card is probably mapped to a com port. You can just try com 1,2,3,4 until you find one that responds to an AT command. (note when you type the AT you will not necessarily see an echo but you will get a reply of OK if it's working).

MTRDOC

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 04:42:28 pm »

I even tried the newest version of ice.ten off site downloaded from your web site.
the one thing I do notice is that when I load the ice ten program first then load the pcs program, the ice ten program will respond with a "connect" on the sign but then noithing else happens.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 05:11:21 pm »

Can you try hyperterminal and see if the result is the same?
Especially try labeled com ports (ie. com1, com2, etc) vs named communication ports (i.e. win sportster whatever modem)

pai235

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 05:51:57 pm »

You might also want to check to make sure the Modem Init String has at least an AT or ATZ so the modem wakes up.

Then if you click the Dial button it should dial the number you have listed assuming that it is recognized as you mentioned with the CONNECT information.

Hope this helps.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.