ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Installing ICE on new PC  (Read 811 times)

johncesta

• Place Personal Text Here
Installing ICE on new PC
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:09:46 am »

I have a new client that has a 50 user license for iceten pro. I installed a new pc and don't really know how to get the ice client on it. Do I have to use the configwizard?

I downloaded the iceten pro trial and installed it on the pc. Was this correct way to install the client?

Also on another pc we get an error about the sequencing issue. Apparetnly there are two pcs with the same number. How do I go about fixing this situation?

Thanks. I will hang up and wait for your answer. :)

John

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Installing ICE on new PC
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:38:37 pm »

I'm assuming you mean Icetcp Pro in all these questions (Iceten is a different product).

First question:
When running on the new PC, open a explore window and browse your network to the computer that has the Pro licenses on it. You should be able to browse to the folder called icetcp5_user on that computer. That folder might be visible directly over your network or it might be under the ICETCP5 Server folder (which my be under the Program Files folder). In the Icetcp5_User folder there should be an executable called setup.exe. This will start the client installation. At the end, the ConfigWizard should run automatically, and find the proper license folder for getting a sequence number.

Second question:
You can install the User (client) portion of Pro directly from the CD, but then you have to run ConfigWizard, and then browse (over the network) to the license folder on the admin computer in the dialog box for obtaining a sequence number. The preferred way is to do the user install as described above.

NOTE: The Admin portion of Pro should ONLY be installed on one computer in the network. Otherwise you run the risk of getting duplicate sequence number errors (as in question 3).

Third question:
Go to the computer with the licenses (the admin computer) and run the licenseadmin program (should be able to get there through the Start button). Go to the users tab and manually delete the entries for the 2 users with the sequence conflicts. Run the ConfigWizard on each the two computers, which then will get (re)assigned unique numbers (make sure both computers are going to the same license folder, on the ONE admin computer).

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:37:22 pm by Bob »

johncesta

• Place Personal Text Here
Installing ICE on new PC
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 09:17:56 am »

Great! It all worked fine. Thanks!

John

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 20 queries.