TCP/IP Products > TCP-PLUS

Default keymapping for non-pc style terminals

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bob:
So it's just the "/" character, there are no escape or control codes in there??

I just tried this myself in PLUS and it worked fine.

I did settings->ice configuration->key mapping->new key map
pull down the key selection to F5
clicked in the value column
put in /c/e
hit enter
hit OK
restarted dejawint

To test:
logged in to a shell account
typed
hd
and hit enter
pressed F5 and enter
Control-D and enter
and I got back:
# hd
/c/e
00000000  2f 63 2f 65 0a                                    |/c/e.|

Which proves it's working properly.

cbatton:
Admin, I would greatly appreciate your help with a character mapping issue I cannot solve to save my life!!

I am using ICETCP 4.4, 32 bit 4.4.30

Problem I'm trying to solve:  I'm scanning data matrix barcodes (healthcare products) and am unable to get the emulator to recognize the function code character embedded in the barcode.  The specific function code character is GS (Group Separator) HEX representation is 1D.  I'm using a Honeywell genesis 7580g that is configured to pass the function code characters that I can see when I scan the barcode in notepad++ so I know the scanner is picking up the data, however the emulator seems to be suppressing this function code character embedded in the barcode.  So even though the character map accounts for the 1D hex character for the GS function code it's not doing anything because it's being suppressed.   I've pasted the string below and you can see the function code represented as a box.

0100351672128425211000047505171721123110AB25460

Bob:

--- Quote from: cbatton on September 30, 2020, 10:48:54 am ---Admin, I would greatly appreciate your help with a character mapping issue I cannot solve to save my life!!

I am using ICETCP 4.4, 32 bit 4.4.30

Problem I'm trying to solve:  I'm scanning data matrix barcodes (healthcare products) and am unable to get the emulator to recognize the function code character embedded in the barcode.  The specific function code character is GS (Group Separator) HEX representation is 1D.  I'm using a Honeywell genesis 7580g that is configured to pass the function code characters that I can see when I scan the barcode in notepad++ so I know the scanner is picking up the data, however the emulator seems to be suppressing this function code character embedded in the barcode.  So even though the character map accounts for the 1D hex character for the GS function code it's not doing anything because it's being suppressed.   I've pasted the string below and you can see the function code represented as a box.

0100351672128425211000047505171721123110AB25460

--- End quote ---
Did you do a mapping in the character map in IceConfig?

cbatton:
Thanks for responding.  Yes I tried that and no dice.  Default is 1D to 1D for both inbound/outbound.  I tried changing both the inbound/outbound and still no dice.  IT seems like the emulator is simply omitting for some reason.  This specific FNC1 character is (group seperator) represented as ]^,  ALT029, and hex value 1D.  Is it perhaps that this version of emulator simply does not have this capability? 

Bob:

--- Quote from: cbatton on October 01, 2020, 01:19:56 pm ---Thanks for responding.  Yes I tried that and no dice.  Default is 1D to 1D for both inbound/outbound.  I tried changing both the inbound/outbound and still no dice.  IT seems like the emulator is simply omitting for some reason.  This specific FNC1 character is (group seperator) represented as ]^,  ALT029, and hex value 1D.  Is it perhaps that this version of emulator simply does not have this capability? 

--- End quote ---
I don't know that there is a solution for this but let me see if I understand it all.
The scanner is outputting 1D hex as if it were being typed on the keyboard into the emulator?
And you want to to send 1D hex to the unix app?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version