ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Problem using ssh with telnet pro  (Read 1840 times)

buncho

• Place Personal Text Here
Problem using ssh with telnet pro
« on: February 13, 2004, 09:37:09 am »

Hello there,
I am using Telnet Pro 5.1.07 and I am connecting to a Solaris Server. I can connect fine with Telnet (port 23) but I would like to use ssh as well. When I go to the hosts and try to add a new connection using port 22 I only get a choice of telnet or nothing.
I put the X in the ssh box, but when I try to connect to the server it is trying to use the telnet port (23) instead of ssh (22). I can connect to the server using another Terminal emulator with ssh so I know the server is ok.
Am I missing something? I need both Telnet (Wrapped) and ssh options at the same time on this server.
Hope someone can help me  ???

Thanks.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 09:53:17 am »

Hello there,
I am using Telnet Pro 5.1.07 and I am connecting to a Solaris Server. I can connect fine with Telnet (port 23) but I would like to use ssh as well. When I go to the hosts and try to add a new connection using port 22 I only get a choice of telnet or nothing.
I put the X in the ssh box, but when I try to connect to the server it is trying to use the telnet port (23) instead of ssh (22). I can connect to the server using another Terminal emulator with ssh so I know the server is ok.
Am I missing something? I need both Telnet (Wrapped) and ssh options at the same time on this server.
Hope someone can help me  ???

Thanks.

Put a new host name in the host box, an X in the ssh box AND type in 22 into the protocol box, then connect. Next time your host will be automatically set to 22 in the host list box.

You might want to get an update because there were some improvements to the ssh code since the version you have.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:21:44 pm by Bob »

buncho

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 10:03:40 am »

Wow  :o
That was quick.
And yes it works fine. Thanks for the responce.
I was using the drop down menu and expected to see ssh :-\

Thanks again. All sorted. ;D

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.