ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: DSL Line?  (Read 2924 times)

Sweetthing

• Place Personal Text Here
DSL Line?
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:56:59 am »

??? Hi, I am a new employee and trying to use Ice.off.site at home to work for a company. My question and concern is, I have a modem connected to phone line, but I am running a DSL line for my internet. (Roadrunner, to be specific). I need to know if I can still use ice.off.site software, but through the DSL line and not the modem line? I have purchased PC Anywhere also, but am very unfamiliar on either of these programs. I have the Lan IP address and I have the WAN IP and GW address. Is there is a way to bypass the dial in modem to use DSL (Cable) line? Thanks in advance for a quick response.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
DSL Line?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:30:55 pm »

You should update to ICE.TCP.PLUS and use it to access your server over the internet. For security reasons you should use the SSH protocol (secure telnet) to connect to your server and your network administrator will need to allow you access through your companies firewall. This will require a static address on your DSL line or a VPN.

These are not trivial issues but they ARE ones companies that are transitioning from dialup to internet access to their servers face every day.

If it's a local call it might be not be worth the time to change from the method you are already using.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.