ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Support for Tablet PC  (Read 1123 times)

rchiu

Support for Tablet PC
« on: August 14, 2007, 09:47:19 am »

We access our main application server using DejaWin (Wyse60). I've trying to get DejaWin working with a Tablet PC, but only the keypad entry works. I can't get the writing pad nor character pad to input text into DejaWin. Is this a known limitation? And will DejaWin ever fully support the Tablet PC.

I've tried other terminal emulators such as Passport and even Microsoft Telnet, and both support the writing pad but neither displays our application correctly.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Support for Tablet PC
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:23:42 pm »

Our emulation software scans the keyboard directly. I don't know much about Tablet PCs, but I'm guessing that the character pad doesn't "emulate" the standard keyboard at a low enough level for DejaWin to detect the key presses (and releases). If you were to attach an external keyboard to the Tablet PC it might work, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of the Tablet PC. There's also a slim possibility that there is some software patch somewhere that allows the character pad for your Tablet PC to work with software (like DejaWin) that accesses the keyboard directly.

We will certainly accept the suggestion as a possible future enhancement, however we don't have any current plans for adding capability beyond the standard keyboard input.

JimN

rchiu

Re: Support for Tablet PC
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:37:17 am »

Thank you for the response Jim. I am going to try to install all the latest updates to see if I can get the writing pad working with DejaWin. If this doesn't work, I'll have to try and find an alternate input pad as the standard one for Tablet PC is too small.

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 20 queries.