ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Unable to do printscreen in ver 5.1.26  (Read 1061 times)

cyberfool

Unable to do printscreen in ver 5.1.26
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:41:52 pm »

I have a network of machines, Win2K Pro & Win XP.  I've not seen this problem on the XPs, but on the Win2K Pro machines the following usually happens:

The user right clicks to get the menu.  The user selects "Print", then left clicks "Print Screen".  Then, nothing happens. 

This occurs using several different machines & several different printers, but here is one example:

Win 2000 Pro, Version   5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
on a 2100 MHz AMD processor, with 512 MB of physical RAM, 4 GB of virtual RAM. 

The printer is on a NetGear Print Server, PS110, using TCP/IP protocol to communicate with it.  Both the computer and the print server have fixed, private (non-routable) IP addresses. 

The printer in this case (although it has happened with other printers too) is an HP LaserJet 2430dtn.  It is confirmed that the printer is working properly and that the PC can print to that printer using other windows program and the printserver "test" job. 

Have I left anything out?  Again, let me stress that this happens on many different W2k Pro machines when trying to print to any number of HP LaserJet printers.  The printers include a HPLJ5MP, HPLJ2100 and the 2430 previously mentioned.  All are attached to NetGear PS110 print servers, each of which has a fixed IP address. 

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Unable to do printscreen in ver 5.1.26
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:37:43 pm »

Try changing the printing method in the profile to "raster".

Also, one can simply click on the printer icon on the toolbar to get a printscreen.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.