ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Problem importing Porfile and Host during Network User Install  (Read 1033 times)

bharb

Problem importing Porfile and Host during Network User Install
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:29:52 am »

I'm trying to perform a Network User Install of Telnet Pro version 5.1.26. The install properly captures the sequence number from the server and allows me to select a Profile. But when I launch Telnet Pro, the only profile available is the Default one and the host icon is greyed out. I can type in the host information and it will save it and be available the next time I rerun the program.

I uninstalled the software and cleaned all the registry items and tried again but to no avail.

Without copying the registry for the profiles from the server, how can I import a profile during install? Also, is there a way to make the hosts available during an install?

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Problem importing Porfile and Host during Network User Install
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:46:24 am »

You can either add a profile, or use a modified default profile that will show up in profile assignment every time the config wizard is run during client install. Refer to Step 6 in the Pro manual under Server Install (Page A17).

Hosts can not be automatically added in Network Install.

JimN

bharb

Re: Problem importing Porfile and Host during Network User Install
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:27:06 pm »

I had already performed Step 6 and created different profiles that corresponds to different servers. I also followed the steps on page A-18 and 'made it available to other network users' by selecting it, click Save to File (actually no such option but I selected Export) and placed it ion the Data folder.

During my network install, I checked the 'select configuration file' box and on the 'Select Configuration Profile' screen, all the profiles I created show up. But no matter which profile I select, when I run Telnet Pro on the client pc, only the Default profile is present.

I was able to copy the HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\J. River\ICE.TCP\5.0 registry from the server (since it contains all the profiles and hosts) and export it to the client pc. But I was trying to avoid doing this since I have 5 Profiles defined and most users only need 1.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 20 queries.