ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: TCP Pro sequence error  (Read 1047 times)

dhauer

TCP Pro sequence error
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:53:36 am »

Hello,
  We have a  50 user license for TCP Pro. We install from our servers network drive. Occasionally when opening a second TCP Pro session, we get an error message that tells us that the second shell has the same sequence number.
Any fixes? This Windows 2000, ICE TCP Pro V 5.0

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: TCP Pro sequence error
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

Your license server must have gotten out of sync with the actual numbers the PC's are using. One way that can happen is if you inadvertently had more than one license server. You could try taking a look in licenseadmin to see what's allocated and how you think that matches up with your number of PC's. If you are running say 30 PC's and there are only 10 entries in licenseadmin you can be sure something is messed up. If the database is really out of whack the only thing you can do is to delete all of the users in licenseadmin and have each PC browse to the license server and run configwizard to get a new sequence number.

If it just looks a little off you can delete the sequence number for the new PC in licenseadmin, readd the same number back as reserved (so the old conflicting PC won't have to relicense and the new PC doesn't try to get that number again) and then browse from the new PC to configwizard to get a new sequence number for it.

dhauer

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:03:14 pm »

Thanks! What happened was we changed fileserver's and I'm not sure, but I believe
it was never re-installed on the new server, I think the folder was just copied. Do I need to re-install the whole thing, or can I just run the license admin tool's executable, and if so, which one is it?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:13:56 pm by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:25:10 pm »

First, you want a good copy of the license folder from the old server if you can get it.

Next install the ICE licenseadmin server onto the new server. If your version of TelnetPro on your PC's is older than 5.0.81 (help->version information) you'll have to update the clients as well, otherwise if your clients are newer than 5.0.80, obtain a update to the current version and install the admin portion.

If you have the old license folder:
Copy the saved license folder from the old server into TCP5_USER folder on the new server.

Run licenseadmin on the new server and view the users tab, you would like to see that the users basically match what you have on the PC's.

If you need to install on a new machine, do a network install by browsing to the TCP_USER share on the new server and run setup.exe.

If you don't have the old license folder:
Make sure the TCP5_USER directory on the new server is shared for all with full control access (it needs to be writable).

On each PC, network BROWSE to the TCP5_USER share on the new server and run configwizard to get a new sequence number (which populates the user tab in licenseadmin).
You should uncheck the "get configuration profile" checkbox in configwizard do you keep your current default parameters. To get a sequence number in configwizard you need to fill out both the full name field AND the comments field.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:04:58 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.