ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Are you going to port the ICE TCP emulator to WinCE?  (Read 1676 times)

GPSeek

Are you going to port the ICE TCP emulator to WinCE?
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:15:26 pm »

As said in the title, do you have a plan to port your terminal emulator to WinCE?
I'm looking a Wyse60 emulator on WinCE. I don't really expect a lot of features for the WinCE version. It is just fine as long as the wyse60 emulator works.

By the way we are a long time ICE user. Here is the old version we are still using ;):
Emulation Version: 6.09n
Windows Interface Version: 6.6.3

We're going to upgrade to your new version soon.

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:46:24 pm by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Are you going to port the ICE TCP emulator to WinCE?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22:30 am »

Since the core of the emulator is written in x86 assembler, it will not port to most CE devices which are ARM based.

GPSeek

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:34:51 pm »

Since the core of the emulator is written in x86 assembler, it will not port to most CE devices which are ARM based.

::) I got you.

However, I don't see you really need x86 assembly for your emulator at all. An emulator is not that time critical. You porbablly want to port your code into C or C++ for much easier project management and portablity as well. Is the asm code a one man's job? :P

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:39:49 pm »

When the core was written it was very time critical (because of the speed limitations of that generation of PC's).
The core is quite large. It would require a very large amount of time to recode in a higher level language.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.